Tacos? You like them?

glenda_alOctober 23, 2012

Our local bbq restaurant has Taco Day every Tuesday, with variations of tacos.

I enjoyed, today, fried catfish filet tacos topped with their delicious cole slaw, homemade tartar sauce and a wedge of lime for squeezing over the fish.

Had two and soooooo good!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Tacos are one of my favorite things! I love them but generally stick with the normal regular kind. But I sure would give those a try on that list you posted.
I also love a big bowl of freshly made guacamole, it they offer the made at the table guac I always order it.
YUMMY

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 4:41PM
linda_in_iowa

I like fish tacos.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 4:43PM
jannie

Love them! I first had a fish taco in California in vacation. Around here (Long Island) most tacos are Mexican, with meat, cheese, salsa the main ingredients.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 4:44PM
marie_ndcal

I have had fish tacos--not bad, but different that the ""real"""ones with shredded beef, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, olives, guacamole or sliced avacodos and homemade salsa sauce.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 4:45PM
glenda_al

I've had grilled talipia tacos, but I truly enjoy jim 'n nicks fried catfish taco.

Several bbq restaurants have followed jim 'n nicks, and have their own taco days. Most with bbq pork.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 4:50PM
mary3444

Don't eat tacos but then again I don't eat much. I am a very fussy eater but I love to cook for everyone

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:02PM
marilyn_sue

I will eat tacos but sure not my favorite food. Never had a fish taco, sounds strange.

Sue

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:21PM
glenda_al

Definitely not Mexican tacos.

They are really catching on at the bbq restaurants here.
I like them.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:38PM
morz8

I LOVE tacos. I'd eat them for breakfast. Ground or shredded beef, grilled steak for the meat filling, chicken, doesn't matter to me. With the fish though, I find they are usually served in soft taco shells and I like crispy, especially with a 'softer' filling like fish. The time I enjoyed them the most, the owner/cook at a local restaurant catered a home party for a friend, and he cooked the fish in a crunchy crispy batter, then served that with pico de gallo (more texture/crunch there) in the soft taco...that one I liked.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 7:30PM
glenda_al

Yep, the restaurant serves the tacos in a soft shell. And the catfish is crispy, yumm!

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 7:43PM
marilyn_c

My favorite tacos are "puffy tacos." The shells are made with masa harina...like you'd use for tamales. When fried, they puff up. Flour tortillas will puff up some too, when fried, but these are much lighter and crisper. The Krogers here sell masa tortillas. That makes it much easier to make them because when I made them myself, I had trouble making the tortillas, although I can make flour tortillas. I don't think I'd care for fish or shrimp tacos. I like traditional ground beef that I cook with bell peppers, onions, and cumin seeds.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 9:08PM
susanjf_gw

make them all the time...ever get rolled tacos?

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
Drapes, 84 or 98?
Do you prefer your drapes hung near the ceiling (98)...
lucillle
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
Trying to give up diet soda.
Do y'all have any suggestions what I can replace those...
moonie_57
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™