What's for Dinner -- Thursday?

gadgetsOctober 17, 2013

Visited with my sister Annie, then ran errands. Got caught in the rain and look like a drowned rat.

My meal tonight will again be very simple: ground turkey burger with cheese and mushrooms on it. I'll also have a salad that I'll top with purple grapes. Going to have either tea or coffee to make me feel warmer.

Shirley

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angelaid

Rib eyes on the grill, baked potatoes

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 4:32PM
glenda_al

Saying HOWDY to patti, as I saw she posted at the chips and sandwich thread!

Joel's today for comfort food: cornbread with smoked sausage and cabbage.

Our first really cool day for the season and cool sleeping tonight with windows and doors open and NO ac.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 4:36PM
jasdip

Rainy and cool day. We're in for real fall temperatures and rain all through next week. I'm going to miss using the clothesline with that weather.

I was given some fresh leaf lettuce from my neighbour's garden so I made BLT's. Haven't had those in a dog's age. Also had a leaf lettuce salad, with a mayo and vinegar dressing.

Getting ready to make my tea, which is going to taste extra good tonite given the damp weather.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 5:13PM
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

I'm thinking about making hamburgers and French fries. Have been wanting a hamburger for the last 2 or 3 days.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 5:21PM
marilyn_sue

I just took the 7 quarts of apple sauce out of the canner. Have been messing with apples all afternoon. It has been rather gloomy out most of the day. My supper was grilled cheese sandwich and warm applesauce. Iced tea to drink.

Sue, tired in Indiana

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 5:27PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Simple is best for me! We're going to grill some salmon, I'll make a cole slaw with dill, and grill some crunchy bread. I'll mix up an herb butter as soon as the butter softens.

Tomorrow, though, I'm seriously thinking about turkey burgers! :-)

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 5:37PM
gadgets

Angelaid: I'd really like to be at your house/table tonight.

Glenda: That would be a good combo. It's to get in low 40s here in OH tonight. So I won't need ac either.

Jasdip: Fresh leaf lettuce would be the crowning touch on a BLT.

Walnutcreek: That's the name of a town in Amish country that I like to go to. Do you make your own fries from scratch?

Sue: I'll bet you are tired from canning. What a good side dish for your grilled cheese sandwich!

Rhizo: What kind of bread do you grill? The entire meal sounds like a winner.

Shirley

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 5:43PM
Georgysmom

It was a really long day for me. Left home at 7:30 and didn't get back until 6:00. (Playaway golf group and the course was an hour and 1/2 away.) Had a great lunch at a great restaurant.....It's not all about golf. LOL I had a delicious Caesar salad topped with the best fried oysters and there were plenty of them!

DH can polish off the rest of yesterday's take out. I'm not
hungry.

Howdy from me to Patti, too. Miss you gal!!!!!

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 6:28PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I loaded up the slow cooker with anazazi beans and ham hocks and I have the rice cooking to go with it. Some broccoli and cauliflower steamed on the side. I know how much my husband and his brothers love beans and ham hocks and so do I so it seemed a good choice for me to cook for them.

We just got back from the hospital visiting mother in law, she was very happy to see us and looked pretty good for the situation she is in.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 7:11PM
pam_25f

Sautéed scallops and shrimp tempura! Hi Patti.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 7:18PM
gadgets

Georgysmom: That was a very long day. You can have the salad part, I'll just take the oysters. lol

Ravencajun: I've never tried anazazi beans. I'd probably like them as I like most beans. The entire meal would be something I'd like. Glad your mother in law is doing so well. She must have a very strong spirit.

Pam: I like both shrimp and scallops. I should fix them more often.

Shirley

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 7:54PM
susanjf_gw

we stopped at arby's for French dip, after dgd's cross country race. we were cold and wanted something fast!

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 8:08PM
sweet_betsy No AL Z7

Fast here too--chili hit the spot on this cool, gloomy day with left over gelatin salad.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 8:17PM
terri_pacnw

Breakfast as per usual..

Tonight is oven roasted potatoes seasoned with onion and garlic powder..

Sausage, cheese and leek omelets...

And a bit of bacon from the other day.

Toast..or english muffins..

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 8:41PM
Fun2BHere

It's still hot here. I microwaved a package of Trader Joe's fresh honey-roasted pumpkin ravioli and served it with a small green salad. No pots or pans to wash or stove to heat up the house.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 8:45PM
matti5

Some of Trader Joe's frozen meals are great, escpecially the pastas. Recently tried the frozen ravioli with sauce that cooks up in a sauté pan. Really tasty!

DH had his final cataract surgery today and he was craving chinese food, so I stopped at Panda Express for him and I had leftover meatballs from last night. I took Glenda's advice and made a sandwich with Texas toast garlic bread. It was soooo good! Thanks Glenda!

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 11:19PM
glenda_al

Yea Matti!

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 11:24PM
More Discussions
Come see me if you want a roller coaster ride!
It's 74 outside, at 4pm. Tomorrow hi will only be...
glenda_al
Rant about dog rescue
So I look at the form for a German Shepherd rescue....
ronminsouthga
Robert Herjavec of Shark Tank, Divorcing
How sad. I genuinely really like this guy. He's kind...
Jasdip
About My Knee Injury
I fell on the ice last Monday, injured my left knee....
vicsgirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™