Surgery tomorrow, not sure what to do

bigackOctober 29, 2012

Supposed to go in at 5:30 am for bladder repair surgery, 25 miles down the road. Thing is, heavy rain and wind for next two days, and the low spot in our road always floods. I told them I wouldn't know until morning if we can get out or not. Either that, or just re schedule the whole thing. It's not emergency, I've put it off for years. Not sure what to do, don't wanna get stuck down there, or the DH can't get out to pick me up!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

Are you sure they'll be there? DH was scheduled to have a hernia repair today, and the center called and cancelled yesterday. Don't know where you are, but with the travel restrictions here, one shouldn't be on the roads anyway.

He did speak to his dr. and then one of the office personnel today and it looks like he'll be rescheduled for next Monday.

Whatever happens, good luck to you with yours.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 3:57PM
Nita__AZ

Susan, with the storm and bad road conditions I would reschedule it. Since it isn't a matter of life or death and has been put off for years I wouldn't go out in the storm. Another week or two won't matter.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 4:14PM
patti43

Hope you read Nita's post and rescheduled. Surgery has it's own stress and you sure don't need to add to it. Good luck, BA.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 5:28PM
chisue

Re-schedule. If you DO have storm damage, they'll be plenty busy and possibly short-handed anyway.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 5:35PM
bigack

Yaaay, my Dr. Just called and SHE wants to cancel, she lives out in the country and is worried about weather too. Will reschedule in a week or so.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 9:25PM
azzalea

Good! I suspected that might be the case. Like us, you'll be so much more relaxed tomorrow, knowing you don't have to fight the elements. Good luck with it when you do have it.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 9:36PM
dedtired

Oh good. that makes it easy!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 10:12PM
YogaLady1948

Glad you rescheduled~that was going to be my advice. More important for you and DH to be safe;)

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
Houzz, no moving forum?
Having trouble getting myself motivated. Need to clean...
josephene_gw
Mattress recomendations
i was wondering if anyone has a foam mattress they...
Rose Pekelnicky
Mobil Homes.........
Mobile homes What are your thoughts on them? I've seen...
clubm
Anyone get their Houzz gift?
I just received mine today, very cool!
chi83
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™