A chance to dance

alisandeOctober 21, 2012

I love to dance, but don't have many opportunities. I get to hear a lot of live music, but most of it is not danceable. Last night I got my chance to dance. A friend organized a bunch of us to go hear a rockabilly band at a restaurant bar I'd never been to. The band was great, and "us girls" had a blast on the dance floor.

Also, some of the other (younger) people at the place were very good at the lindy, jitterbug, and two-step. They were a lot of fun to watch.

Do you ever get a chance to dance?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

NO unfortunately and it used to be one of my absolute favorite things to do, I was a dancing machine LOL

It sounds like you had a great time cutting the rug!

Bookmark   October 21, 2012 at 1:58PM
dedtired

Almost never, but my friend and I went to watch a polo match and after there was a band playing. Not too many stayed to hear the music but we did and we danced. It was outdoors on a beautiful evening. We danced under the stars. We've also danced in the kitchen from time to time.

One thing I do not enjoy is dancing at weddings. If I can sneak out before the dancing starts, I do.

Glad you had fun!

Bookmark   October 21, 2012 at 2:25PM
kayjones

I absolutely love to dance - Friday night, my 'new' friend and I went to a Jazz fest, and while walking back to his truck, walked past a bar that had a great band/vocalist, so we danced in the street - very nice!

Bookmark   October 21, 2012 at 2:37PM
joan_mn

Yes, we do. We try to go at least once a week. When we are in Florida, women are always asking me if they can dance with DH. So few men know how or like to dance, it seems, especially sober ones!

Bookmark   October 21, 2012 at 5:15PM
drewsmaga

I dance with my 18 month old granddaughter ALL the time. Her family and I both have music playing at our houses all day, instead of the tv droning on, and we break out into dance many times a day. We sing a lot, too.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 12:05AM
maire_cate

It's a shame you don't live closer to me - you could have come with me to the wedding last month. The band was phenomenal. When I first heard it was a 'funk' band I was a little confused, I wasn't sure what funk was and how it would go over with the older wedding guests. There were 6 musicians and the lead singer had a wonderful voice and they knew what songs to play to entice everyone out of the floor.

It was almost like being at one of their shows - as the night wore on they became looser and even joined in the festivities, the singer came out on the floor and danced with the guests while singing and every now and then one of the musicians would join in. After a few slow dances my son even got me dancing and that's something I seldom do.

Here is a link that might be useful: funk

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
Snakes!
It is that time here. There are snakes everywhere....
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
The Sh-ts about to hit here
The storm is minutes away from me. Moni is getting...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Tuesday's Trivia Quiz
ATOMICJAY was the first to get the right answer. GEORGYSMOM...
Jasdip
Women On 20s
Have you heard of this? There is a movement to replace...
bee0hio
Sponsored Products
Eden Hurricane - Medium
$69.50 | FRONTGATE
Magatama 3 Piece Outdoor Patio Chaise in Espresso Orange
$999.00 | LexMod
Gold 134704-R 5C Green Wire 100 LED Christmas Net Light
EnvironmentalLights.com
Hand-hooked Coventry Black Floral Indoor/ Outdoor Rug (5' x 7'6)
Overstock.com
Bruck | Paris Pendant Light
$540.00 | YLighting
Drum Linen Shade With Clear Crystal Drips Pendant Lighting
ParrotUncle
Brisbane Curved Top Deck Box - C39548CBLK
$455.00 | Hayneedle
Numero 28" Wide Flushmount Ceiling Light Fixture
Euro Style Lighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™