Are you Addicted

Lizzann_ArOctober 29, 2012

well, maybe not addicted but can't seem to get enough of a certain junk food? I'm there now with Extreme Pringles and of course you gotta have a coke to wash it down with.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I was just recently introduced to Munchos potato crisps by my mother in law! I had never in all my years never had Munchos. I am now addicted to them. And I was having a hard time finding them, seems I am not the only one that is addicted!

I go by spells though, I will latch onto something (like the Munchos) and just can't get enough, then suddenly it's over run it's course. At one point in my life when I was young I was addicted to sweet tarts I ate so many it was affecting me because they contain a lot of acidic ingredients. I do still like them but rarely ever have any these days.

My husband is addicted to coffee he drinks it all day long.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 1:45PM
carol_in_california

No....I don't keep junk food in the house and I rarely go to fast food places.
I am at high risk for strokes and heart disease and I need to keep myself healthy so I can enjoy my grandchildren and so DH and I can travel.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 1:56PM
OklaMoni

I just stick to chocolate! Must be good for you, LOL, it's made from beans, and beans are vegetables! :)

Moni

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 1:56PM
monica_pa

Oh Yes....Utz's Cheese curls, and I just realized that i'm out of them, and will have to get by the hurricane without them.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 1:57PM
debnfla8b

No, I can't think of any junk food I'm addicted to. Amazing since I'm FAT...LOL I also don't have junk food in the house, well, some Lays chips for my husbands lunch I pack for him every day. But I don't eat them. I am addicted to coffee though, just love my coffee.

Deb

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 2:27PM
marilyn_c

I'm addicted to Pepsi....used to be Coca Cola. I just recently quit taking pain pills for 5 years...due to my bad knees. I went through a week of withdrawal and a month of lethargy. I quit sodas at the same time. I have no desire to ever take another pill, but I went back to the Pepsi after about five days. I told someone, you could put a bottle of narcotic pills, a baggie of weed, a bottle of liquor, and a bottle of Pepsi on a table in front of me. The only one I would have a hard time resisting would be the Pepsi. :(

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 3:24PM
susanjf_gw

omg not exactly junk food, but this raisin bread from sam's club...each loaf has 1/2 lb of raisins in it! i do like it instead of cereal and can get by with 2 slices and my morning tea...

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 3:24PM
patti43

Raven, I'm right there with you. I love me some Munchos! Right now, I'm also addicted to mint centered Oreos. Yum!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 3:25PM
cheri2008

It used to be diet coke for me..when I started Weight Watchers, I decided to start eating healthy and eliminate as many bad things as I could... I have one once in a great while, but has been probibly a month or more. I still have my morning coffee, but with skim milk and splenda or just black..Feeling MUCH better and a 60lb
mile stone is just around the corner...

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 3:48PM
bigack

Diet 7 up for me. And bananas, got to have me one every day, little bite now and then.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 3:52PM
jkayd_il5

I'm with Moni. Chocolate for me. Sure glad she told me it was a vegetable. lol

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 4:05PM
glenda_al

Peanut butter is my downfall!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 4:10PM
renee_b

Bigack, same here with the Diet 7Up. Sometimes our grocery stores will have buy one get one free on Diet 7Up and I stock up on them. Someone mentioned on the baloney thread last week about it being fried. I tried that, on toast with a little mayo and a slice of tomato. Oh my goodness, I'm addicted! Have one every day now along with my Diet 7Up.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 4:10PM
marilyn_sue

Unsweetened iced tea, I sweeten it with Sweet and Low. That is my weakness, if it is a good iced tea.

Sue

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 4:34PM
YogaLady1948

I was addicted to fast food having it 2-3X's a week, one reason I became vegetarian~~now I only get a bean burrito from Del Taco or veggie tacos at Bakers once in awhile. Gave up soda years and years ago. Slowly giving up chips a big addiction for me;(

My biggest addiction that is like drugs to me is sugar!! I am about 8 weeks off sugar~WHEW it is not easy. Been to a few b-day parties served cake to people and was not even tempted~~IF I have none at all I am fine, I am afraid one bite will set me back weeks;(

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 5:21PM
chisue

I do like my cuppa (tea w/sugar) and a cookie or piece of chocolate around 3 p.m. every day.

I was addicted to cigarettes and didn't even know it until I quit in 1971! I'd thought because I 'only' smoked three or four a day that it wasn't *serious*. Hah!

I almost never venture down the grocery store aisle where the soda and snacks fill the shelves. If we don't have 'em, we can't eat or drink 'em.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 5:31PM
cherryfizz

My down fall is any type of chewy candy or chocolate but I try buy it only once a month, Sometimes I can go longer without it.

One of my favourite candy is Bit O' Honey but only recently you can find it in a vintage candy store and it costs too much for a small bar. My sister is in St. Louis now and she bought me some last year so I told her to look out for some again this year. I thought maybe it might be in stores in the US for Halloween. When we were kids my Dad always brought it home for us.

Anne

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 6:02PM
jennmonkey

I was definitely addicted to soda and I gave it up in June. I had one sip of my boyfriend's the other night and it was so sweet I could hardly stand it. So glad I'm off of it.

I don't really keep junk food in the house, but I would say the snack food I'm most addicted to is dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds. I can't remember who makes them but they are GOOD!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 6:37PM
morz8

I drink about 3/4s of a pepsi every day, it's hard to let go of.

My 'addiction' beginning next month will be Starbucks eggnog lattes for the few seasonal weeks a year those are available. DH meets his friends for coffee on Sat and Sun mornings early and he'll bring one home to me when returning.

My only other food I miss like crazy if I don't have it regularly is Mexican food - We'll go to our favorite restaurant about once a week. Most of the week I'm pretty good but I do indulge in a less than heart healthy meal on weekends.

Candy, sweets, aren't that tempting to me. Savory or salty my biggest vices.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 7:40PM
linda_in_iowa

Just my nonfat lattes that I make twice daily. I gave up diet Coke this past year. First I quit buying it in the grocery store and now I don't order it when I eat out. I prefer raspberry iced tea instead when I eat out.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 7:47PM
arkansas_girl

If I were to just be able to eat any old food and not get "fat" and sick I would eat potato chips, french fries and chips and salsa. Love all those!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 7:48PM
jasdip

Put me in the same camp as Arkansas Girl. I love all those!
I don't have a sweet tooth at all.

Salty tooth? For sure!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 8:06PM
matti5

Starbucks Caramel Frapp 4x per week. I have it with non fat milk/ no whip so at least I am trying to be somewhat healthy :) I don't drink soda, only water or tea.

Right now I am munching on Olive oil kettle cooked potato chips (tuscan herb and garlic). They are soooo good.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 9:45PM
debo_2006

While I haven't had them in a few years because I can down a bag by myself, I LOVE cheese curls. That's why I stay away from them. But, lately my DH has been buying Jalapeo Cheese Nips and they are quite addicting. I might as well be eating the curls.

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 10:25AM
chisue

Anne -- Ah, yes, Bit-O-Honey, the dentist's friend! LOL It can do 'extractions' all by itself.

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 11:26AM
juellie1962

Just lately; Famous Amos Chocolate Chip/Pecan cookies. They're small, so if I could stop at 2 or 3, I'd be ok. But 1/2 a box??? Not so good!

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 11:40AM
blfenton

Coffee and dark chocolate. Oh but those are both food groups so I don't have to call them addictions. Do I?

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 2:05PM
nicole__

My favorite food is green chile. Not in huge quanities tho....:0)

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 3:48PM
glenda_al

Besides my love for peanut butter~

Mayonnaise on saltine crackers! Nothing else.

Mayonnaise on a slice of fruit cake!

Mayonnaise on vanilla wafers!

Used to love mayonnaise on baked beans!

Spoon of mayo and peanut butter together is outstanding :o)

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 4:54PM
lily316

I have never bought a jar of mayonnaise in my life. Ewwww.
I love cherries, and the season is over and I have to wait at least nine months. I also am addicted to tomatoes, but won't eat store bought. So another nine month wait.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 2:22AM
sleeperblues

Cheri, congratulations on you 60# weight loss--way to go!!

I am def a coffee addict. Saturday I couldn't figure out why I had a headache that wouldn't go away, even after ibuprofen. I had it all day long. Turns out my husband made the morning coffee with some decaf that our German guests had brought us as a gift. The writing was in German, so he didn't know it was decaf! What an eye opener, I really need my caffeine.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 9:20AM
jannie

Coca cola and coffee, note both are high in caffeine.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 9:22AM
Cynic

About the closest I can come on this would be a GOOD burger and fries. Good quality meat on a toasted bun with hot, crisp fries. But I'd hardly call that junk food. So I guess in the end, the answer is no.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 12:28AM
joyfulguy

Not much into junk food: expensive potatoes/corn, mostly.

Not into pop/soda.

But cholit ... pnut butter ... somewhat addicted.

Seldom have seen a cookie that I didn't like.

Coffee ... and milk.

Got almost a gallon of choc. milk yesterday at much below reg. price ...

... feel the need to run home to have some.

ole joyfuelled ... with a bit o' help from some of my food/drink addictions

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 6:32PM
redcurls

I'm pretty darn fond of GOOD vanilla ice cream. Haagen Daz or homemade.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 1:29AM
More Discussions
My What Would You Do, Regarding Our Dog
Our Westie, 15, developed a growth in one ear last...
chisue
Happy swap from Jacqueline
My swap from Jacqueline....such a happy package, with...
phyllis__mn
I got a Swap Pkg today!
It is full of Love & Time! Although it was full...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
My Mother
We just had last rites performed for my mother. Hospice...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Book of the Week
Creatures of the rock : a veterinarian’s adventures...
stacey_mb
Sponsored Products
Acclaim 80" Double Bathroom Vanity by Wyndham Collection - Espresso
Modern Bathroom
Geneva Cinnabar Shade Brushed Nickel Swing Arm Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus
Alamo Saddlery Large Triple Scalloped Headstall - 2065-J(ET)
$124.99 | Hayneedle
Jae Brushed Steel Table Lamp with Power Outlet
Lamps Plus
Oyster Velvet Pasadena Chair
Cost Plus World Market
LBL Lighting | LBL 2-Circuit Monorail - Eight Foot Segment
$212.00 | YLighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™