Ahhhh, feel so good! And you?

glenda_alOctober 23, 2012

Just came in from Silver Sneakers Yoga and I feel so good! Been doing this class for a month now and I can really feel the difference from the first time I went.

What's your favorite way of exercising and did you do it today?

I still love my water aerobics, but opt out on Tuesday's for the yoga.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

What's your favorite way of exercising and did you do it today?
Gardening and I'm getting ready to head outside and play until either dark, or dark:30. It is a beautiful fall day here in southern Indiana. Sunny, breezy, and 79 degrees.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 1:22PM
bigfoot_liz

going to pilates w weights @ 5:30 then Total Toning w weights @ 6:30 and I hope to make it to my fav yoga class @ 7:30...i was speed walking for 1.5 hrs ahead of my classes and not able to last to yoga so today I'm skipping the treadmill & hope to last to yoga! it is THE perfect way to end a long intense workout session! ~ liz

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 3:52PM
glenda_al

bigfoot, you go girl!

I can only handle one exercise session a day.

I COULD go to water aerobics before yoga, maybe after I get more into the yoga, I can handle water then yoga. But that will be a while.

Just love the feeling I have after yoga!

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 4:55PM
bigfoot_liz

I love that feeling too! I did not make it to yoga, my legs were just too over worked LOL. The yoga instructor loves downward dog between every single pose and that is hard on my wrists which hurt after pilates but were soo bad after toning I couldn't use the weight bar at the end and switched to hand weights. my pilates instructor is from Birmingham, her name is Jill she used to teach there for many yrs! i wish my place had a pool i'd love to do water aerobics or water zumba! ~ liz

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 1:18PM
glenda_al

Liz, which gym did she teach in. I go to the Greystone Y, down hwy 280.

Being as I go to Silver Sneakers yoga, we do the downward dog and hold onto the top of the chair and look underneath the seat. And yesterday she had us do it from the side of the chair and got a deeper stretch.

Love the facial exercises at the end of our class.

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 3:37PM
YogaLady1948

Liz, I have trouble with my wrist in down dog also~~I have changed the way I position my hands~~I do not put them straight out in front, I have them going outward away from my mat~~~no more pain.

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 8:36PM
lily316

I did my usual three and a half mile walk with the dogs, then 2 miles on the gym treadmill at 4.3 mph, and then 12 arm and 12 leg lifts.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 2:30AM
More Discussions
What's for supper.....Monday?
We're grilling a cut up chicken on the Weber. I marinated...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
Anyone get their Houzz gift?
I just received mine today, very cool!
chi83
Which do you handle better, excessive heat or cold?
If you had to choose to either be uncomfortably hot...
pickyshopper
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™