Is there any free ones?

JoAnn_FlaOctober 27, 2012

I got a call on my cell phone last night after midnight, it scared me. Then I found a message after I answered tghe phone, with what sounds like my name and that was it, very weird sounding too. I have the number and tried looking it up but everywhere charges you to get the information.

Have you had any luck finding a persons name from a phone number? What site will give it free?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

It's just garbage, don't let it bother you. If it's a real person, he will be back in touch. It's either a wrong number or a sales/scam call.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 10:46AM
JoAnn_Fla

But it was so creepy the way they just said my name! plus being so late at night.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 10:49AM
littlebit_gw

Joann is your name on your message?? Mine says Hi you have reached Littlebit..sorry i cant get to the phone etc....could be someone just messing around

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 10:55AM
schoolhouse_gw

OMG, joanfla. I got a call like that last night too! but not at midnight it was probably around 9:30p or 10p. This is too weird. It went to my answering machine because most of the time I screen my calls. It was some weird noises and what sounded like garbled speech,then "swishing" sounds. At the time I thought perhaps someone had accidently "butt dialed" their cell phone and the noises were coming from their pocket. I did a Star 69 and got a number I did not recognize so googled it. It only gave me the name of a city in my state with that area code. I listened to the message two more times and then deleted it. You are right, it sure was spooky. Maybe that's what it was intended to be, just a Halloween joke.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 11:48AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I just google the number and usually find that it is some number that has called hundreds of other people too and often times somewhere in the list of other people that are looking for info someone will post something about where it is coming from. I never pay anything just put the number into google and hit search.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 11:58AM
JoAnn_Fla

I got no information from google, just the site then it asks for $$.

Yes I do have my name on my phone message, I should take it off I guess.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 1:03PM
Jamie_LA

I use whitepagesdotcom. You can click "reverse lookup" or something like that and it's free. Sometimes it helps. It usually also gives what area that # comes from.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 3:53PM
JoAnn_Fla

I just went to whitepages.com its not free, nor have I found any that are. Times have changed.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 4:11PM
marie_ndcal

I too am annoyed over weird phone calls especially at night. Maybe change your message would be helpful. I don't like leaving my name at all, and many of my friends use the message that comes with either the phone company or the cell phone --that is Please leave your name and phone number and I will get back to you.
When I get a message like that, I will not leave my phone #, just my name, and a generic message.

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 4:12PM
elaineinnj

Try anywho.com. It is free but it doesn't do cell phone numbers.

~~Elaine~~

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 4:19PM
jean_mi_z5

When I get a call from a number I do not recognize, I go to "whocalledus" to see if anyone else has received calls from that number. Usually it is a scam of some sort

Here is a link that might be useful: whocalledus

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 4:43PM
OklaMoni

I had a call a week or so ago, at 3 AM local time. The caller said good morning in German.

Without my glasses on, I could not read the number. I emailed my sister about it the next morning, and it turned out, she pushed the wrong speed dial button on her phone. Phoey, I wish, we had talked, instead of her hanging up. I was awake for quite a while.

Moni

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
My mother in law passed yesterday
Bless her heart, she fell and her head hit the wall...
PKponder TX
Whose fault is it if a dog attacks?
My neighbor has no gate on his now....fenced in yard(it...
nicole___
Bears 1, Birds 0
I started weaning the birds off their seed in anticipation...
Alisande
Airline pilots and antidepressants
As of five years ago, airline pilots are allowed to...
Alisande
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
Sponsored Products
Madsen Leather Loveseat - Brighton Soul White White
Joybird Furniture
Orange Outdoor Pillow - 12" x 20"
Grandin Road
Campania International Gulf Planter - Set of 2 - 8704-0102
$559.99 | Hayneedle
Denver Broncos Metro Collapsible Basket
$39.99 | zulily
Lippa Dining Side Chair Set of 4 in Black
$649.00 | LexMod
Neo-Industrial Rubbed Bronze One-Light Pendant with Opal White Schoolhouse Glass
$109.90 | Bellacor
Waterlily Cotton Upholstery Fabric in Pink Nectar
$20.00 | FabricSeen
Area Rug: Soft Ikat Burgundy 2' 2" x 3' 3"
$41.97 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™