Can't find short curtains!!!

bigackOctober 18, 2008

Need short curtains for spare bedroom, nothing fancy. About 36" long. I used to have cafe type, but can't find anything in catalogs, online, ebay, etc. Do they still make short ones? I could make some, but would rather buy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
willsgram

I'm almost certain you could find them in JC Penneys catalog...they have all different lengths.

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 10:34AM
sea_shell

K-mart's has some on line, were you doing a search using the word "curtains"; try window coverings.

Sue

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 10:41AM
lydia1959

I know what you are talking about Bigack! I like the shorter curtains for my living room, but the only shorter curtains I'm seeing are the thin cotton kitchen ones.

JCPenney had lots of them a few years ago, but very few to choose from now. They do have a pretty good assortment at countrycurtains.com (the ones I have now are from there). You may find something there that you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Country Curtains

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 11:17AM
bigack

Thanks you all, I did find some on JCP, got a navy blue, prob. too thin, but we'll see. The KT always comes through!

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 11:34AM
jannie

I've ordered from Country Curtains, they are quite good. If you have any questions, call their toll-free number and they'll be happy to help-anything about hardwear needed, dimensions,etc.

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 12:55PM
sable_ca

I love Country Curtains! My kitchen curtains (among others) are from their catalog and are 28" long.

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 5:25PM
janie_ga

Have you tried Gabs in clarksburg? (guess they are still open).

Don't think I have ever bought curtains, always just made them out of whatever scrap fabric i had at the house. If you decide to make them, I have lot of extra fabric.

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 10:52PM
drewsmaga

If you find longer curtains that you love, it's easy to shorten them. Just cut them off & use the iron-on tape to hem them -- no sewing!

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 1:35AM
FlamingO in AR

And you could probably make 2 curtains out of one drape piece, especially if you get the extra long one.

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 10:03AM
azzalea

Do you have a Marburn Curtain store near you? I know you said you found something in a catalogue, but for future reference, Marburn has loads of short curtains in their stores--in all styles and colors. And they're usually pretty reasonably priced. I generally go there first, before working my way up to more expensive sources for curtains.

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 1:56PM
wifetojoeiii

I found shorter curtains at Wally world this summer - nice texture, pretty substantial, they hang nicely and inexpensive. I bought black for my DD room, and they had other colors as well. I think it was a good purchase as kids change their minds often about the look of their room & this will be easy & cheap to change!

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
man, that was windy, and the hail was big
HUGE storm just went over. Still raining. I hope,...
OklaMoni
Why don't they......
Put either a longer cord or a much shorter cord on...
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
Chuck roasts
I can remember when they were 50 cents a pound :(
lucillle
TV Show "Nashville"
The cast of Nashville are performing on tv now, playing...
Jasdip
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™