Please keep this little Girl

azzaleaOctober 22, 2012

and the searchers in your thoughts today.

Here is a link that might be useful: Find Autumn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dedtired

Gosh, it came on the news just as I was reading this. These stories never seem to have good endings, but I hope she is found safely.The story of the little girl who was missing in Colorado was very sad.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 10:03AM
azzalea

This is terrible. There was just a news conference at 2pm--to basically say that while they're working hard, following all leads, they haven't found her. Heart wrenching to see her father breaking down up at the podium.

So sad, and time stretching out like this. I think all of us probably are thinking about our own children and empathizing with the parents.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 2:29PM
marie_ndcal

Just keeping all in our prayers and trying to be alert to any unusual activity even in our own town. We cannot be as lax as we use to be especially in the smaller towns everywhere.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 3:17PM
terilyn

Just saw where her two brothers are being charged. Tragic.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 5:49PM
glenda_al

That's so sad!

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 5:54PM
dees_1

The news report indicates two brothers are charged. They are not related to the girl.

While this is sad news, there are still many other children still accounted for and they all need to remain in our thoughts. My son has a friend who's daughter went missing July 2009 (circumastances similar to this one) and no trace of her has been found. There's another case nearby of a college student abducted from her home 2 years ago; no sign of her either.

Find Lindsey Baum. Find Holly Bobo.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:00PM
terilyn

Correction, so sorry, two brothers, not hers.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:00PM
patti43

I just read where they found her body. Prayers for her parents. How senseless.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:02PM
dedtired

Incredibly tragic for her family and also for the families of her murderers, who are ages 15 and 17. So young. I had a feeling this would be the outcome. I can't imagine having to bear such a heartbreak.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:53PM
azzalea

It's so heart-wrenching, I've been half sick all day thinking about it. They apparently lured her into an empty house next to theirs, and killed her for her bike. The boys' mother saw something questionable on one of their facebook pages, and alerted the police. So good for her, she did the right thing.

Just a horrible story, it's so terribly sad that they killed her for such a little thing as bike parts, and then put her in a recyling can as if she were worth nothing more than trash.

So very sad for all the families involved as well as the town.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 7:56PM
azzalea

Apparently, I was giving too much credit to the mother of the boys--now I'm hearing she turned her own kids in to claim the reward ($10,000). But then there are a lot of rumors going around about this one, in the area. We live only a few miles from the town where this happened. A friend of ours is friends with one of Autumn's cousins. This whole thing has just hit everyone so hard.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 8:34PM
susanjf_gw

here's the story...so very very sad...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/police_two_teenage_boys_charge.html

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 9:36PM
maire_cate

I've been following the developments on our local news - we're just a county away - and it's just chilling. I can barely listen to the reporters when they give updates. My adult son happened to stop by the house and he had heard the news on the car radio and was stunned at the details - the age of the boys and their motive.

And then he told me about the 11 year old girl in Maine who is being charged with killing a 3 month old baby that her mother was babysitting. As an attorney he's often had to deal with the more sordid events that happen and these two left him somewhat shocked.

Here is a link that might be useful: 11 year old girl in Maine

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 7:13AM
rob333

I just found this out. My heart breaks.

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Knitted and Crocheted Knockers
I am with a small group of women called Georgie's Breast...
heather_on
Will it be a break, fracture or sprain?
Will find out at 11:10, Tuesday, if it is one of the...
glenda_al
Amazing Aunt Audrey
You would think I was 10 again!
Funny, I was raised around and have been around cattle...
prairie_rose
Today is "Chocolate Covered Peanut Day!"
Yummy! I've added a recipe link. Add yours! Chocolate...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™