Today's Trivia Quiz

jasdipOctober 18, 2012

DEES got yesterday's question right!!!

When we were young this was something everybody got excited about getting/having. Now only 1 in 4 teenagers has one.

A: watch

Rolling Stone Magazine has picked 500 of the greatest songs of all time, what was number 1?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dedtired

Satisfaction?

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 9:26AM
rob333

I had to look it up, I couldn't wait! So I'm not answering. I will say I disagree with most of the order of their list.

;)

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 9:34AM
dees_1

I know people who can't read a watch if it's not digital so I'm not surprised my answer was right! Kind of like the Hope chest Rob referred to, getting a watch used to be a big deal. Dang....getting old is hard. At least I didn't say a fountain pen! Remember when that was a big deal to get? (I'm only 50 but I know a lot of strange things.)

Wow...today's answer is a toughie. Music is such a personal thing....I'm going to sit this one out. I couldn't begin to guess and would probably be so far off the mark it's not funny!

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 10:32AM
always_beezee

White Christmas by Bing Crosby

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 10:38AM
jasdip

Dees, I love fountain pens!!!!!! Remember when we dipped it in the inkwell and pulled the little lever??

Then the plastic ink cartridges, of course.

I don't have one, but I do look at them fondly when I'm in a store and see them :)

Rob, you looked it up??? For shame.... heehee
At least you didn't post the answer, thank you!

There's a real popular hit that I'm surprised no one has mentioned. I'm not saying it's the right answer, it's such a popular song.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 11:54AM
M.compton

Bob Dylan...Like A Rolling Stone

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 12:04PM
rob333

What I would've guessed? Popular? What it should've been? Those I can spout all day long. I just figured it have to be an Elvis of Michael Jackson tune. Or maybe the Stones or the Beatles. So, here were my thoughts:

Hound dog
Thriller
Satisfaction
She Loves You

Then I realized, taste is subjective! I was aiming for what I've heard loads of times. I don't know where those are on the list, but that's what I would've guessed.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 12:33PM
dees_1

jasdip, I'm a klutz and never was allowed to use a fountain pen. My handwriting is #%@& so it wouldn't look good anyway. I always admired them though....one day, I'll have a Mont Blanc just to look at!

For some silly reason, the only song I can think of that would make the list is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. They played that to death.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 12:40PM
jasdip

I don't even know what that song is Dees!

My guess would be Hey Jude.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
Sex ed in primary schools?
Ok, let's start an interesting, potentially controversial...
Jasdip
Survivor Reminder - Season 30!
Yes, the "junk food of television" starts...
countrycottageklutz
My jeans are SO tight...........
At least 2 months to go before I can work outside....
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Beet Greens
What's your favorite way to prepare beet greens? I've...
Suzieque
What colour do you see?
I see both. When I opened I saw white and gold. I scrolled...
Cookie8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™