Good Morning...I'm a newbie

ruthie_tnOctober 5, 2012

Just wanted to tell everyone HI and Good Morning. I just joined a couple of days ago. Really love reading some of the post on here. Hope everyone has a blessed day!!

Question: Just wondering what everone's favorite morning drink is. As you can see by my post I'm a coffee lover.

Get More Good Morning Greetings

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smilin54

Good Morning & welcome!
I don't post often but I've been a member here for a while & I've prowled for many years!
I'm a coffee gal too but I don't make good coffee so I travel down to the corner & get a Tim Horton's coffee...and a 12 grain bagel with light cream cheese which I split with my hubby.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 8:02AM
joan_mn

Welcome! Coffee here, too. One cup, with creamer (Italian Sweet Cream) and Splenda.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 8:15AM
wanda_va

Welcome to the Kitchen Table! You will enjoy being a part of our family.

I have two cups of Maxwell House coffee each morning, with French Vanilla creamer.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 8:57AM
alisande

Welcome to the KT! The first thing I drink every morning is a pint of juice made in my juicer: romaine or spinach, carrots, beets, celery, apple, lemon, and ginger.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:08AM
jude31

Good morning, from EastTn. Black coffee here, all through the day, probably at least 5 cups.

jude

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:09AM
marilyn_sue

Good Morning from central Indiana. Sorry not a coffee drinker here but either have milk, hot tea or iced tea. Of course we all like chocolate :)

Sue and Izzi too

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:59AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

Good Morning and Welcome!

Coffee here with Mocha creamer, but when I'm out, I substitute some hot chocolate mix.

My Motto

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:59AM
lindalou

good morning and welcome. i am a coffee drinker, too. i love folger's black silk coffee in the morning and folger's half caf any other time. i, too, love tim horton's coffee and usually have it almost every weekend along with one of his doughnuts!! have a great day!! ;)

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:19AM
katlan

Good morning Ruthie and welcome from south central Pennsylvania.

Coffee drinker here. Like my cofee with french vanilla cream, or mocha, yum.

Also love tea. Last winter I discovered celestial seasoning bengal spice tea. I use one tea bag of that and one tea bag of green tea or just regular tea in a huge cup. A little shake of splenda and a spot of milk, mmmmmmm.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:21AM
chisue

Welcome, Ruthie!

I prefer tea (Twinings's loose leaf, made in a pot). My DH likes two cups of coffee in the morning, so I have a cup that's half milk.

Jude -- What does your MD say about five cups of coffee per day? (Had a friend who had to break her similar consumption of Pepsi-Cola.)

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:38AM
rob333

My one and only cup of coffee each day, and it's decaf, usually a mocha. Welcome from middle Tennessee!

-Robin

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:41AM
lazypup

Good moring Ruthie and welcome to the kitchen table,,,but I have to tell you, we have a firm rule here. You can only be a "newbie" one time,,,after that you are one of our dear friends returning....

And now to answer your question, As I heard an old truck driver tell a waitress one morning..."Make my coffee like my women-HOT, BLACK & STRONG)

As I get older I have cut down on my coffee consumption considerably,,,I only drink about 15 to 18 cups a day now;

On the other hand, as a retired plumber, I know whats in the water, so I only drink water if it has been brought to a boil, then filtered through coffee grounds.

Having said all that nonesense, I will now turn it over to my friend Frog, who also wants to welcome you

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:49AM
patti43

Good morning to you, too, Ruthie. Happy to have you join the table. Pull up a chair and make yourself right at home.

After years of drinking coffee, it doesn't seem to agree with me anymore. I really get shaky after just one cup. So now I have juice or water. Orange or V-8 juice. Occasionally hot chocolate in the winter.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 11:23AM
linda_in_iowa

Good morning and welcome to the KT.
I have an espresso maker and start my day with a non-fat latte. I have another in the early afternoon.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 11:51AM
Granlan_TX

Good morning Ruthie and Welcome!

We're enjoying a sunny cool Autumn morning in the Texas Panhandle. I'm finishing my last cup of coffee for the morning while having some toast with peanutbutter.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 12:03PM
YogaLady1948

Good Morning Ruthie from Southern California~~I love coffee, but only drink it 1-2x's a week it gives in acid reflux. I like to brew it with about a teaspoon or two of cinnamon and I drink it black. The rest of the time I drink Chai or Green tea with a teaspoon of coconut sugar;)

For a big treat when I am out and about I will have a Soy Latte from Star Bucks yummy;)

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 12:03PM
jude31

Chisue, Pepsi and coffee is like apples and oranges...no comparison. My MD hasn't said a word about my coffee consumption. I just had a doctor's visit last week and she told me, healthwise for an 81 yr. old I was fantastic.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 12:35PM
lily316

Welcome from PA..My coffee cup is a gigantic mug which probably is more like two normal cups. I like Dunking Donuts hazelnut with Bailey's creamer( the non alcoholic, although I like that too, just not in the morning)

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 1:46PM
lindaohnowga

A warm, sunny welcome to you, Ruthie, from the beautiful state of Georgia. Gotta have my coffee (and ciggies) all day long. Did you bring anything chocolate with you to share with us? Do you do any crafting? If so, what?

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 2:10PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Hi and a good day to you from the Great State of Texas!
I lived in TN for several years, Memphis area.
I drink an iced coffee I make with crushed ice, and a chocolate syrup sugar free that is made for coffee. A lot like a starbucks mocha frappichino.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 3:08PM
Pooh Bear

Hello and welcome from Dunlap, Tennessee.

Pooh Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: Where is Dunlap??

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 3:15PM
OnAHolliday

How about a good afternoon Ruthie? I'm a little late.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 3:21PM
blfenton

Good afternoon and welcome. I'm always late because I live on the west coast (Canada) and so feel like I'm always rushing to catch up. When I sign on after my morning run most people are ready for lunch.

My beverage of choice is coffee in the morning and probably another 4 cups during the day. I only pay attention to those studies that say coffee is good for you - which I believe is what the latest one says.

I hope you have fun here.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 5:11PM
jae_tn2

I used to drink Diet Coke all day long but about 5 years ago I switched to water. For the last year it has been sugar-free Snapple Peach Tea. And I am also from East Tn.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 6:00PM
mary3444

Welcome. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning but that is out of habit. If it was not bad for me I would have van. coke all day long but I try to limit this to no more then 2 a day.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 6:28PM
ruthie_tn

Thank ya'll for the warm welcome!! Oh yes I forgot to mention I have an accent. I'm from the South. I live in West Tennessee. Big shout out to all the ones from Tennessee and everyone else from across the states. I'm just a morning coffee drinker, too hot natured to drink it all day. lol

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 7:22PM
Georgysmom

Good evening Ruthie from Tennessee and welcome to the KT. I like coffee but rarely drink it. In the winter I'll have hot chocolate and if I'm feeling ambitious, will make marshmallows to go in it. So much better than bought ones.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 7:40PM
bengardening

Welcome from SD. I don't drink coffee so for me its water or and oj 7 in other words orange juice and sprite or 7 up

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Fascinating macro images of coral
from The Guardian (UK)
Alisande
Amazing Aunt Audrey
What's for Dinner, Tuesday?
A gorgeous day today, spring might be here to stay. I...
Jasdip
New (in U.S.) Persil laundry detergent
It looks like this brand from Europe was recently introduced...
pammyfay
Snakes!
It is that time here. There are snakes everywhere....
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Sponsored Products
Currey & Company Galene Table Lamp
$640.00 | LuxeDecor
Grand Prix Indoor-Outdoor Fabric in Cool
$40.00 | FabricSeen
Slim Rail 4-Step Ladder
$299.00 | FRONTGATE
Good Directions Coventry Wood Cupola Multicolor - GD488
$299.99 | Hayneedle
Kiss Crystal Chandelier
Overstock.com