Smoothies - Not this morning!

OnAHollidayOctober 7, 2012

The general routine around here is a couple of cups of coffee and a smoothie in the morning. Smoothies for us are:

Almond milk, Greek yogurt (Chobani our fav), spinach, frozen fruits of almost any type, flax seed (used chia seed for awhile but it had an unpleasant gastro effect lol). It all goes into the blender... DW is in charge of the smoothie production.

NOT THIS MORNING!

Eggs, bacon, grits & toast. I'm in charge of the traditional breakfast. She's still asleep but the coffee, grits and bacon are ready. Can't do the eggs and toast until show time. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wanda_va

She's lucky to have you! I'm not a breakfast person, but it sure sounds good.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 8:34AM
lindalou

that is my kind of breakfast. i am not a smoothie person. i'll take eggs and the works anytime along with my coffee. ;)

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 8:57AM
Nita__AZ

I love breakfast but these days I fix what I want and DH can fend for himself. He sleeps in and I want to eat since I am an early riser. Homefries, eggs, bacon, sourdough English muffins, juice, hot chocolate (not a coffee drinker) sounds great on a dismal cold Texas morning.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 10:00AM
YogaLady1948

We each do our own from years of him working nights and sleeping in and me working days and being gone by the time he gets up~~retirement has not changed much there~~a hard boiled egg/or scrambled and a bananna for me some times oatmeal and almond milk Boring eh?

Smoothies are not good for me~~~

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 10:55AM
patti43

That sounds good about now. I can't stand the thought of food first thing in the morning, but by 10:30 it sounds pretty good. Hope you both enjoy your breakfast and your Sunday.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 11:26AM
glenda_al

I'm finishing up my cup of coffee, from this morning. I enjoy sipping when it's cold and leftover in the afternoon.

One of my favorite breakfasts that I USED to cook was baked eggs wrapped with bacon in a muffin tin, home hash browns, and an very buttery English muffin.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 4:25PM
More Discussions
Today is"Poundcake Day!"
Share your favorite recipes. The link is one of mine....
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Will it be a break, fracture or sprain?
Will find out at 11:10, Tuesday, if it is one of the...
glenda_al
From being excited to being really sad
I was so excited that my refrigerator repairman was...
Georgysmom
Which do you handle better, excessive heat or cold?
If you had to choose to either be uncomfortably hot...
pickyshopper
Shopping for bedding......HELP!
I didn't want to piggyback on the clean sheets thread,...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™