Are you hot-natured or cold-natured?

ruthie_tnOctober 10, 2012

Just wondering whose hot-natured or cold-natured.

I'm hot-natured, always have been.

As the temperatures have cooled down where I am last night was the first time I turned the heat on for a little while. Felt nice crawling into bed under the warm covers but by middle of night I was throwing them off. Any suggestions for staying cool when sleeping. Have to have the heat on for my DH.

Seems like I am the only one at work too that is hot-natured. I still have my fan on at my desk while everybody else has there heater on.

Which do you consider yourself to be?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

Cold

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 7:32AM
jkayd_il5

Most definitely cold.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 8:09AM
marilyn_sue

I am pretty well balanced I think, but might lean more to the hot side. I love winter.

Sue

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 8:38AM
jasdip

Hot when I have the hot surges.

I keep the temp cool, I don't understand why people crank up the heat then wear a sleeveless tank top.

Anyway, cool temps but I wear t-shirt/turtleneck and sweatshirt. I've had the heat on periodically just to take the chill and dampness out.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 8:58AM
jannie

I tend to be cold all the time. I turn the thermostat up when they predict a cold night, then I'll raise it again when I get up. But I'm also menopausal, so I get hot flashes and need to fan myself sometimes. Women understand, men look at me like I'm nutty!

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 9:13AM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

The university where my husband works adopted a universal energy saving program a couple of years ago. It tried encouraging everyone to turn lights off and to be sensible about adjusting their thermostat....HAH! That tactic sure didn't work. So, it's all operated by the central plant now and the university has realized savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Employees learned to dress appropriately for less than tropical temperatures! How dumb is it to wear open toed heels, bare legs, sleeveless dresses, and the like in the winter? And why can't PhDs
turn off their office and lab lights?

Robert and I are both cold natured. All it takes for us to feel comfortable in the transition from summer to winter is to turn off the ceiling fans, don some warmer indoor clothes, and change the bedding. I have an electric warming blanket that I'll put on the bed when it gets really cold here. That hasn't happened yet.

Our thermostats are set for the low 60s....a tad cooler at night.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 9:33AM
marilyn_c

Cold.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 10:23AM
susanjf_gw

ever since my hyst and now on anti-hormone tabs, i change like a yoyo...

dh has the overhead fan on and a tiny one he aims at his feet...i can't stand either, so bed hop during the night...but like now my feet are freezing and rest ok...so have a space heater...

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 10:57AM
ShedTheChrysalis

Hot. I over heat very easily. My goal is to move back to the coast where AC doesn't exist and everyday high's are in the low 60's. That would be heaven for me! 90 degree summers are torture for me. LOL

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 11:05AM
glenda_al

HOT!

And I'm a fan person all year round.

Bed fan, ceiling fan and box fan during the winter with the deck door open.(how much it's open depends on the temp)

Computer desk always have a desk fan all year round.

Have an expandable hand fan in my purse always.

Traveling portable fans are a must.

Gotta have moving air.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 12:03PM
ghoghunter

I lean towards the cold side. My Dad who is 92 cannot tolerate the cold at all and we have to keep the heat turned up pretty high all winter. I must take after him! My living room furniture has an afghan thrown over the back of each piece to use to keep warm! I cover up even in the summer!
Joann

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 12:15PM
kacram

hot natured. DH has three blankets on, and I u sed just a sheet.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 12:19PM
Fun2BHere

Glenda_AL said:
"HOT!

And I'm a fan person all year round.

Bed fan, ceiling fan and box fan during the winter with the deck door open.(how much it's open depends on the temp)

Computer desk always have a desk fan all year round.

Have an expandable hand fan in my purse always.

Traveling portable fans are a must.

Gotta have moving air."

Glenda, You expressed my nature exactly. The moving air is key. Sometimes it is not that hot, but if the air is still, I feel like I'm going to suffocate.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 12:31PM
dedtired

I am a perfect 72 degrees. If it's lower than that, I am chilly, if higher, I am too warm. I do prefer cool temps for sleeping.

I used to work in an office where we had thermostat wars. All of us would be dying of the heat but the little skinny underdressed boss (can you tell I didn't like her?) was always cold. She had the thermostat moved into her office so she could control keep it high. The minute she walked out, one of us was in there lowering it. Gawd, I am so happy to be out of there.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 12:33PM
Jodi_SoCal

This is a very interesting topic for me ... All my life I was a cold-natured person. Freezing all the time.

We live in a very temperate climate here near the beaches of Southern California. It seldom hits freezing and there is usually a nice breeze to keep things unbearably hot but ... when the kids were young every year my husband would try to talk me into going down to the harbor for the annual five night Christmas boat parade. Each year I said it was just too darn cold there so he alone took the kids year after year.

Then, in 2006 I announced to him I was going to Antarctica for 8 days with a friend. He was happy I had the opportunity but was dumbfounded that I, a person who found 55 or 60 degrees at Newport Beach unbearable would willingly go to the Antarctic. I did - I survived and I even enjoyed it more than you can imagine.

Since that trip, I have become a hot-blooded person seldom in need of a coat or sweater, even in winter. And I crave the cold, opting to vacation in places like Alaska (3 times), Japan, Russia and Canada, all in the winter. Cold weather ... bring it on. Love it.

Oh, and I finally did go to the Christmas boat parade a few years ago. :-)

Jodi-

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 1:24PM
katlan

I used to be exactly how my daughter is now. I would wear knee socks, sweatpants, sweatshirt to bed. Bed had flannel sheets, and blanket and a comforter.

Then BAM, menopause. Thermostat is set on 62. I wear a tshirt year round. Sandals late into the fall. Sheet for me, while DH has sheet, blanket, bedspread, sweatshirt, etc. It is astounding to me how d@mn hot I get.

The 90 degree summer is torture for me. I live for cold weather. Don't know if this will change again as I get older or not. But as far as how I feel now, I would prefer to be too cold than too hot. You can always bundle up.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 1:35PM
jafralady

Hot -- no doubt.....the only thing that gets cold are my feet. My hands are so warm, people want me to warm up their hands by holding mine!! Hehe

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 3:54PM
jae_tn

Since my brain went haywire, the only part of me that gets cold is my right shoulder. The rest of me is pretty neutral year-round. My right hand is the only part of my body that can feel if the rest is either hot or cold on the surface. If someone with super cold hands, for instance, touches me anywhere on my body other than this hand, I can't tell.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 4:27PM
LuAnn_in_PA

Hot - which is why I would never live in the South.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 4:59PM
workoutlady

Hot. It's finally cooling down here in Wisconsin and I love it. Others are wearing coats to work and I'm still wearing short sleeves. I leave my fan on during the night and at work.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 8:20PM
lindaohnowga

Cold. Been cold all of my life. Anything below 75 degrees and I am cold. I'm very tiny with no "padding" so perhaps that is the reason. Hubby jokes and says I don't have any blood in my veins...it's all caffeine. LOL He is hot all the time while I am freezing. I guess opposites DO attract.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 10:17PM
redcurls

I'm with the seasons....hot when it's hot and cold when it's cold. Just no pleasin' me! I always want it to be what it's not.....

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 1:04AM
redcurls

I'm with the seasons....hot when it's hot and cold when it's cold. Just no pleasin' me! I always want it to be what it's not.....

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 1:05AM
cheryl_ok

Hot
I also am a fan person. Gotta have air moving

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 8:47AM
bryansda

I use to be HOT natured until menopause then the thermostat totally broke. I'm usually hot when I should be cold and cold when I should be hot, so I always have some kind of sweater or jacket handy and layer.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 10:07AM
jude31

I lean to the hot side....barely. But, in the winter my feet stay cold when I'm inside. Go figure.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 10:39AM
Granlan_TX

I'm so hot natured I didn't even know the difference when hot flashes started. :(

Sweating heavily and turning red has made me uncomfortable most of my life...no fun in public.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 11:15AM
OnAHolliday

Oh man... sun loving, heat seeking, happiest when it's 90+ degrees and I'm outside enjoying it! By the time it drops into the 60's the heating blanket will be on the bed.

On the flip side? At night the windows are open, the ceiling fan is on and a box fan is blowing right on me. MAJOR fan addiction here!

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Pay off my house or buy a new one?
I'm thinking about retirement. Thinking about having...
Kathsgrdn
Answering phone, left or right ear?
I just realized when answering a phone I pick it up...
pekemom
Nutri Ninja Blender
Anyone got one? Which model and how do you like it?...
lindyluwho
Overhead drone video of a local island
These drone videos always make me feel a bit dizzy...
cherryfizz
What did you do, during the recent cold and snow?
I shoveled, I baked, I baked and I recovered chair...
OklaMoni
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™