Ever heard of this turkey curry ball hors d'oeuvre?

alisandeOctober 15, 2012

The large party I attended yesterday had lots of yummy foods including a platter of little balls (meatball size) rolled in coconut. When I tasted one, I loved the curry flavor and crunch of what I guessed were walnuts, but I couldn't identify the main ingredient. Someone told me it was ground turkey.

It wasn't possible to identify the person who made them, so that's all I know. Anyone ever hear of something like this? I'd love to make them sometime.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX

Wow that sounded so good that I googled it and came up with many recipes. I have to tell you that I am really inclined to try one. We love curry and I like to make meatballs....

If no one here has a recipe for you, just Google and see if anythng sounds good or like what you ate. I found many that I would try.

If you don't want to mix your own curry powder, I would suggest Bolsts, it is a really good one with a wonderful flavor and comes in Mild, Med. and hot...

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 1:26PM
alisande

Must be a western brand, Ruthie, as I've never seen it. And I'm always on the lookout for curry. What search terms did you use to Google the recipe? I had better luck using chicken instead of turkey. Found several that call for cream cheese and marmalade. This was definitely not what I had, but I'll bet it's good!

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 2:02PM
patti43

I tried both, but couldn't find one rolled in coconut. Sure hope someone has a recipe for you--they sound so good.

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 5:06PM
RuthieG__TX

No not western or southern, I started using it when I was in MA....I have to order it on line now but it is worth the effort in my opinion......

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
Let's start a Chain Reaction Game! Get some activity going here.
We played this one before so it should be familiar...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
A thank you and my latest email from Sandie
I did my best to send Sandie a copy of all your sweet...
Granlan TX
request from grams33
This was on another post. I'm just posting here to...
breenthumb
Nutri Ninja Blender
Anyone got one? Which model and how do you like it?...
lindyluwho
German Shepherd disease?
perianal fistula disease. Does anyone have experience...
ronminsouthga
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™