Does anyone read USA Today?

terilynOctober 10, 2012

I have subscribed since the beginning, they just changed their layout. I can't read the small print. I sent them an email, newspapers are meeting their demise. Why would you make it more difficult to read? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monica_pa

Only in hotels that deliver under my door. - for free.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 8:23AM
maire_cate

.........same as monica - freebies slipped under the door to my room.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 8:34AM
jannie

I don't buy it either.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 9:16AM
azzalea

Definitely contact them. Newspaper editors are trying their best to hang on. Unfortunately (and I work for the Gannett chain) Gannett is doing what they can to cut costs, so they can hang on. We see it at our paper--a lot of consolidation--work that used to be done in house is now being done elsewhere, so that one location can service several different newspapers.

Newspaper editors, from my experience are extremely approachable--do contact the paper and let them know what the problem is and that it may cause you to stop reading. It makes no sense to me, to make the print that small--even if it does save paper--because more often than not, newspaper readers are older rather than younger readers. Let's not make it easier for anyone to give up reading the paper!!!

Let us know if you get an answer from the paper. Good luck. And now that you mention the paper, I've been buzzing around working all morning, and forgot to read 'my' paper. Think I'll do that now.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 10:12AM
susanjf_gw

we used to but havn't for ages...did buy one the other day and boy had it changed...the color format was gone, and it was pretty slim, too...

the 2 detroit papers are only sold in places no more delivery...they combine for the sunday edition...

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 10:53AM
terilyn

Azzalea , I did contact them and brought up all the points you mentioned. Told them if things didn't change I would be forced to cancel. Got a generic response. Plan on trying again, going up the food chain.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 11:00AM
lily316

SIL buys it, and I hate the new format period especially the smaller font. Why fix it if it aint broken?

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 11:58AM
sheilajoyce_gw

When our kids were in elementary school, DH would buy it if one of them needed to make a current events report. USA Today is written so simply that our 3rd and 4th graders could understand a good half of the article without any help from us. It made homework easier for all of us rather than using the paper we subscribed to daily.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 2:29PM
More Discussions
Snakes!
It is that time here. There are snakes everywhere....
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Tuesday's Trivia Quiz
ATOMICJAY was the first to get the right answer. GEORGYSMOM...
Jasdip
Women On 20s
Have you heard of this? There is a movement to replace...
bee0hio
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
I'm new here, thought I'd let you know... :)
I don't know if this forum is too big for people to...
Else
Sponsored Products
Encased Gems Six-Light Lantern in Venerable Bronze Patina Finish with Clear Crys
Bellacor
Antica Farmacista Ala Moana Candle
$49.00 | FRONTGATE
PAW Patrol Flip Open Sofa
$39.99 | zulily
'Rego' Chrome 3-light Pendant
Overstock.com
Forum Foyer Chandelier by Savoy House
$430.00 | Lumens
Double-Piped Outdoor Bench Cushion
$349.00 | FRONTGATE
Artcraft Lighting Elegante Chrome Five-Light Island Light