Man at the gas station

JeanInWaSeptember 30, 2012

We have self serve gas stations here. Today, as I pulled up, I had to wait while a man was TRYING to use his cards to get gas. There is one spot where you scan your store card to get the discount, and a slot where you put your debit/credit card. This man kept trying to scan his payment card where it reads the store card. OVER and OVER. He even patted it, trying to get it to work. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he could have been from out of state, borrowing someone else's truck, but geeeez. He was getting more and more frustrated, almost to the point where I wanted to get out of my car and SHOW him how to do it. Glad I didn't, because, just then, he opened the passanger door, yelled and yelled at his wife, then stomped off to the cashier booth. I thought to pay there. Nope. He comes back and tries again, this time putting his payment card in the right spot, but something else wasn't working right for him. As I was backing up to go to a different pump, the cashier came out to help him.

I felt bad for the wife....I can just imagine the rantings she had to listen to after they left.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonie_57

Poor woman! She probably deals with that type of behavior all the time.

But, I understand the frustration all too much! The first time I used a food rewards card at the gas station it took me forever to figure it out. So I went inside to ask the cashier. Did she come out to help me? No. She gave me instructions inside the store and I headed back out to try it again.

I finally figured it out, but ... I don't care who was waiting, I wanted my 42 cents a gallon savings! :)

Bookmark   September 30, 2012 at 7:34PM
More Discussions
Chi83's wedding
Chi83 -- I was remiss in not wishing you and your hubby...
Lindsey_CA
My jeans are SO loose
So I have lost about 25 pounds. (I do sympathize to...
gazania_gw
Anyone get their Houzz gift?
I just received mine today, very cool!
chi83
Year End...YUK
I have been working all day on our year end, want to...
prairie_rose
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™