Anyone know how to keep gourds and small pumpkins from rotting?
I've had little luck in the past getting my gourds to last until Thanksgiving. They always seem to get nasty beforehand, and I end up tossing them. I suppose I should buy them later, but can never resist purchasing them when they appear at the farmer's market in the fall. I have tried spraying them with hairspray.
I just read that as soon as you bring them home, wash them in a solution of 1 T. bleach to a gallon of water to remove mold spores and bacteria. Does anyone have tips that have been successful?