Good Afternoon!

marilyn_sueSeptember 7, 2012

I just came in from picking green beans. I have at least a five gallon bucket of them. I will start cleaning on them soon and start canning. I do want to keep some out to cook and eat though. I could have picked more, but I got tired! I did pick cucumbers and zucchini. The tomatoes are still waiting on me. It is rather warm out there, 81 right now. We are to get rain, maybe some storms later today. I hope no storms. What are you doing today and how is your weather?

Sue in Central Indiana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blfenton

Our weather is great, nice and warm and sunny. (Canadian west coast) Just got home from the gym and have some errands to do - the library, grocery shopping and I may check out some new fall fashions at a local store as well.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 12:24PM
gadgets

It is another gorgeous day here today in my part of OH. We're to get what IL and IN are now later tonight, into tomorrow.

I had errands to run today. Then I headed out to see my special needs sister, Annie. After I'd waited for a while, I found out she was gadding about, went to a butterfly house. They should have been back by the time I got there. Maybe they decided to go out to eat afterwards. She's really enjoying all the bus trips the new activity director has lined up this summer. Normally her non medical trips have averaged a couple a year. This year, she's already been on about 15.

Now I'm home with the rest of the day to do what I want, if anything!! Can't beat that.

Shirley

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:04PM
angelaid

Sue - I want to be on your best friends forever list! DH could live on green beans, taters and corn on the cob every night!
Gadgets, that is awesome that the new director is keeping everyone engaged in social activities.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:27PM
nanny98

I wish that too, Sue. I so remember my grandmother in Ohio in the 40's and 50's canning all veggies from the garden. Of course we learned to pick, clean and eat the fresh stuff, then headed back to SF by train or plane where we got store bought canned goods. I very fondly remember my Italian best friend who had such great salami's and other stuff hanging from their basement rafters. Talk about the best of two worlds.

My zucchini is 7 ft. tall and today we probably have leg-size monsters out there. Heading out soon. DH has been bringing in 'fallen' peaches that are to die for, so I need to do 'my magic' test to pick them before they fall. Just a week ago we were talking about removing that peach tree....today, no way; they are killer peaches.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 3:19PM
schoolhouse_gw

I so envious of you Marilyn Sue, I just never had the knack or the willingness to can and freeze produce.

Today was hot and humid, but I was in the mood to edge the boxwood borders so knew I'd better get at it. Halfway through I decided I wanted to add a couple of stone pavers here and there; so naturally I had to change out of my sweaty work clothes, clean up and drive to the mulch place that sells manufactured stone that resembles real stone fairly well. Cheaper and easier to lift,too. Came home, changed into my work clothes again but the t-shirt was actually wet; so I had to put a different one.

I quit after doing only one border. Enough for me today. Right now we are under a severe thunderstorm warning, the wind is picking up, I managed to get both cats in the house, and now to hunker down.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 4:55PM
emma

We just had a thunderstorm go through with rain, HOORAY!!! Haven't done a lot today, watched a movie and worked on a jig saw puzzle and read a bit. I am reading Scoop from Fern Michaels Godmothers Series. I bought the last two in her series and am reading the first ones again so they will be fresh in my mind.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 5:19PM
emma

We just had a thunderstorm go through with rain, HOORAY!!! Haven't done a lot today, watched a movie and worked on a jig saw puzzle and read a bit. I am reading Scoop from Fern Michaels Godmothers Series. I bought the last two in her series and am reading the first ones again so they will be fresh in my mind.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 5:20PM
emma

Oops, sorry for the double post. I checked before I hit the second submit and my original did not show up.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 5:21PM
marilyn_sue

I am hearing thunder right now. Looks fairly dark.

Sue in Central Indiana

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 5:26PM
Granlan_TX

Sue, I remember earlier this year, you were worried about your newly planted garden and your lack of rain.

From what you're saying now, your lovely garden is once again very productive and then there's you my friend. You are one busy lady! :)

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 9:30AM
marilyn_sue

Yes, our garden did lack rain so we had to water and water it. Now we have some rain. We got 2 and 7/10 yesterday and overnight. I have more things out there to pick, pluck and can! It is 62 out right now.

Sue in Central Indiana

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 10:53AM
More Discussions
Dinner at 8 (#3)
Your celebrity guest is Pauline Phillips aka Abigail...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Monday's Trivia Quiz
Happy Banana Cream Pie Day, and National "Old...
Jasdip
First this, and then . . .
I hope this will be my last winter whine. Yesterday...
Alisande
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
What Should A Person Know Before Leaving Home?
talking to my neighbor, who has 2 girls; one of them...
sylviatexas2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™