Does Ann Romney have MS????

enjoyingspringSeptember 22, 2012

I think I heard this somewhere, just curious as I don't see any outward symptoms. My nephews wife who is 35 has MS and she definetly has outward signs of it, she shakes, drops things and has to use a cane. She also gets tired very quickly..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chloecat

Yes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wikipedia Article

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 8:39AM
pudgeder

MS is a complex illness and its effects vary from one person to another.
I have a cousin that was diagnosed with MS almost 30 years ago, she's now wheelchair bound.
I have a friend who was diagnosed about the same time, and she has to use a cane occasionally. Her disease isn't as aggressive.

There's so much unknown about MS. Hopefully, Mrs. Romney can bring more attention to the disease and get more research.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 9:24AM
alisande

Your nephew's wife--and anyone else with an interest in MS--should watch Dr. Terry Wahl's excellent video about her recovery from this debilitating disease. She had been in very bad shape before she used her knowledge of the human body and its cells, etc., to turn it around.

The video is not short, but well worth watching.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. Terry Wahl's video from TED Talks

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 9:46AM
monica_pa

Why would you question this?

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 1:51PM
sushipup1

Monica, I didn't read that the OP was questioning it, just that she stated her experience with other MS patients.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 2:22PM
shelly_seattle

Monica, didn't seem like she was 'questioning' anything. She simply asked a legitimate question. And even if she was, so what. What's wrong with being curious? YOU were curious why she asked. What's the difference?

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 3:24PM
blfenton

There are others who didn't know that she has MS. The Romney's have been very open and upfront about the fact that she does have it. Mrs. Romney hasn't been out and about much lately and so maybe is suffering from some tiredness issues which are a big part of MS.

There are as many ways of exhibiting the signs of MS as there are sufferers of MS. My cousin who is now 48 was diagnosed when she was 28 but still doesn't use a cane or wheelchair. While a neighbour of mine who is now 60 was diagnosed when she was in her early 50's is almost wheelchair dependent.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 4:55PM
FlamingO in AR

The lady who cuts my hair has MS, she stands all day and exhibits no outward signs. Says she drops things a lot, but never around me, of course I only see her for 45 minutes every 5 weeks or so.... My lady can't take most of the meds, either, they don't agree with her body. Perhaps Ann Romney better tolerates the drugs.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 6:24PM
sjerin

I didn't know she had MS. Sorry to hear it.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 10:32PM
eileen101

I have MS and was only recently diagnosed. My hands to shake at times and I also fall. I fell 6 months ago (my leg goes numb) and I broke my ankle in three places. However, no one would know that I have MS unless I told them. I'm able to cover up a lot of the signs.
Eileen

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 1:53AM
enjoyingspring

Thanks for all the information, I always just assumed that everyone with MS has the shakes and drops things and needed aides in walking.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 6:49AM
jannie

Michelle Obama's father had MS. Mitt once talked about Ann's symptoms. She had a hard time packing up and moving their household recently. Apparently she has MS fatigue, which I know can be terrible. Hope she has relapsing-remitting form of MS and goes into a long remission.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
The REAL Friday/Weekend Quiz
Wow, I didn't even notice till this morning that I...
Jasdip
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Best Bra you ever had.
I have tried every bra brand there is, and cannot find...
jenson13
Did everyone send out their swap gifts?
Just checking, only a few days left.
JoAnn_Fla
My perennials might be in trouble!
Was out checking for winter damage in my yard, and...
prairie_rose
Sponsored Products
Ruairi Red 18 x 18 Geometric Throw Pillow
$57.95 | Bellacor
Area Rug: Circle of Palms Coral/Ivory 5' 3" x 8' 3"
Home Depot
Bellagio Storm Blue 63-Inch Blackout Grommet Window Curtain Panel
$19.95 | Bellacor
Sea Gull Lighting Ceiling Fans Quality Max Plus 52 in. Indoor Brushed Nickel
Home Depot
AHB Spectator Chair - 100549ET.1
$269.95 | Hayneedle
Furniture of America Leillain 2-Piece Dining Side Chairs - Oak Multicolor - IDF-
$340.38 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™