What's for dinner Thursday?

patti43August 2, 2012

Omigosh, I just woke up. Laid down at 4 thinking I'd wake up by 4:30. I've been cleaning today and guess it wore me out :0

Tonight we're having ham salad sandwiches, sliced tomatoes and sliced mango. Easy peasy!

What are you having tonight for dinner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
schoolhouse_gw

I have a pot of ham/potatoes/green beans cooking. Smells so good in here, and I'm hungry. Hurry up!

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 5:27PM
glenda_al

Paw Paw Patch for me. I was hungry!

Chicken fried steak and white gravy
baby green limas
squash casserole
Mexican cornbread

Way too much, couldn't eat it all.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 5:28PM
marilyn_sue

Hog Heaven tonight! I had sweet corn, green beans with little potatoes and red and yellow cherry tomatoes and it all came from our garden. Plus cold water from our well to drink, doesn't get much better than that. Well, if you added some home fried chicken it would have been perfect:)

Sue

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 5:32PM
gadgets

Spaghetti and cottage cheese. Water to drink. Dishes are already done too.

If I get to go to Amish country next week, I'll be having one of those ham salad sandwiches. At one store, they have the ham salad that I like the best. Plus, there's a roadside stand where I should be able to get good tomatoes and other fresh produce.

Shirley

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 5:37PM
Georgysmom

DH cooked up some left over shish kabob. I'm having red gazpacho , maybe with some crabmeat on top and some corn on the cob. I might even make me some strawberries Romanoff since I picked up some strawberries after golf today.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 5:40PM
jasdip

Boiled small new red and white potatoes, steamed green and yellow (wax) beans, and fried sausage. We like the sausage well-done, so I cut it in half so it gets nice and dark. Ice cream for dessert.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 5:52PM
nodakgal

I can't think of anything to grill so same old,same old

meat loaf,baked potatoes with a veggie to be determined, I have a can of crescent rolls I guess I can open too.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 5:56PM
azzalea

We had pasta with a sauce of fresh vegetables (onions, bell peppers, tomatoes), meatballs (I've got 5 pounds of them in the freezer, leftover from the party we had a week ago), and just a bit of jarred spaghetti sauce to pull everything together. I'd made herbed chiabatta bread from my wild yeast starter today, so we had that on the side with EVOO to dip it in.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 6:29PM
ellendi

Broccoli casserole.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 6:35PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and chips

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 7:00PM
bengardening

I made DH brinner. Hash browns, sausage eggs and toast.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 7:24PM
Fun2BHere

I'm having neighbors over for dinner tonight and serving grilled chicken, potato salad, caprese salad, wild rice salad and bread. Dessert will be fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I was able to make most everything except the chicken and the caprese salad yesterday which means I won't be all hot and bothered tonight.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 7:29PM
patti43

I can almost smell your ham/beans/potatoes, Schoolhouse. Enjoy!

Glenda, I'm glad you have your appetite back. You must've been really hungry--you don't usually eat that much.

Sue, I'd be happy, too. Can't beat fresh from the garden. (And the well.)

You're the early bird, Gadgets! We should eat earlier, but got into the habit when we working people.

Yum, Georgysmom! I froze the white gazpacho we had left. Don't know how it'll do, but thought I'd give it a try.

I do the same thing with sausage, Jasdip. I like it semi-burnt.

Nodakgal, before you know it, grilling season will be over. :-( Meatloaf sounds pretty darned good though.

Azzalea, that's a lot of meatballs. Time for another party?? BTW, I posted the recipe for bulgogi marinade on the "I'll share my recipes" post this morning. Don't know if you saw it, but I'm curious how it compares to yours.

Ellendi, do you put rice in your broccoli casserole? I don't think I've ever had it that way, but I just saw a recipe the other day. It sounded pretty good.

Raven, we must be in the same frame of mind ;-)

Fun2BHere, your neighbors may just move in if you feed them that well. I love caprese salad.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 8:10PM
patti43

Bengardening, I don't know about your DH, but it's one of Harry's favorite--especially since he knows there's no way on earth I'm cooking breakfast every morning :-)

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 8:17PM
Nita__AZ

We were in Tucson today and had lunch at Claim Jumpers. We had Calamari for an appetizer. I had clam chowder and a spinach salad with blackened chicken on top. Was really good!! Shannon had a Cobb salad, Mike had clam chowder and a citrus salad with chicken on it. Everything was so good.

If anyone is hungry there are leftovers from the past two nights in the fridge.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 8:38PM
nicole__

We're having steak with mushroom gravy over rice, home made rye bread and strawberry ice cream for dessert.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 9:00PM
azzalea

Patti, posted 'my' recipe on the other thread. The 'unhealthy' ingredient in your recipe is replaced by one just as 'bad' in mine--LOL!--otherwise, they're pretty much similar.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 9:30PM
lindaohnowga

Arby's Beef and Cheddar...yummm...and mocha shakes. Had coupons so it was an economical and easy meal. No dishes...yipppeee.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 9:33PM
carol_in_california

It was a what ever you can find to eat kind of night at our house......DH had chicken/pasta soup and I had coconut bonbons from Trader Joe's.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 10:12PM
Kathsgrdn

We had Tuna Helper tonight and Red velvet cake.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 2:13AM
More Discussions
Will it be a break, fracture or sprain?
Will find out at 11:10, Tuesday, if it is one of the...
glenda_al
What kind of tape to use?
We were Freecycled a Stir-Crazy popcorn popper. It...
Jasdip
Should I feel guilty?
For being at tkt all day at work? I get bored when...
lisaw2015
Shopping for bedding......HELP!
I didn't want to piggyback on the clean sheets thread,...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
From being excited to being really sad
I was so excited that my refrigerator repairman was...
Georgysmom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™