What's for dinner Friday?

patti43August 17, 2012

I had a head of cabbage I needed to use so I made a cabbage and smoked sausage casserole. Just made a white sauce, added cheese and dumped it all together in a dish. We have carrots left over from last night, too.

Wish I'd made something chocolate :-)

What are you having for dinner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pam_25f

Cheeseburger and brownies.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 5:18PM
Georgysmom

We're having soup and ham quiche.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 5:30PM
satine_gw

Im having left over chinese from last night. Tuckered out tonight after a marathon shopping spree at Kohl's. I got sooo much for so little that Im a happy camper. Satine

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 5:56PM
glenda_al

Back to school shoe shopping with GS, and as promised took him to Johnny Rockets for lunch.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 6:01PM
marilyn_sue

Went rummaging with Amber, Cheryl and Alyssa. We had lunch at a local sandwich shop and I had a huge breaded tenderloin. It was really good. Just water to drink. So nothing for me this evening.

Sue

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 6:12PM
patti43

Oh, Pam--no fair. You have chocolate!! And cheeseburgers!! Sure sounds better than cabbage :-) I did slice up a couple of peaches for something sweet and threw some buttered bread crumbs on the casserole top. Ain't I fancy?

Ahh, Georgysmom. You made your spring veggie soup, didn't you. I forget about making a quiche. They're easy and I usually have a pie crust in the freezer. Enjoy!!

Satine, Kohl's is the BEST for sales! I usually buy on-line. Store shopping wears me out. I don't really need anything right now, but I should look at their sales on tops and capris. Last year I got a lot of them--like you said, for very little.

Glenda, yep it's that time of year again. Is Johnny Rockets a chain or a local restaurant? What kind of food do they serve? I like the name.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 6:15PM
gadgets

Today I made chicken livers w/mushrooms, ground beef gravy, texas beans, and tilapia. I chose the beans and the fish for my supper.

Shirley

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 6:33PM
patti43

Sue, I sure do miss breaded tenderloins. I don't know why they haven't caught on in other areas of the country. Sounds like a fun day!

My, my Shirley, you were a busy bee in the kitchen today. Nice to have choices, isn't it?

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 7:32PM
azzalea

We did a bit of running around this morning--Amish market, farm market, orchard, supermarket. Lunch was a nice bowl of cottage cheese with fresh peaches from the stand at the orchard--YUM!

Dinner was sandwiches--Turkey for DH, corned beef special for me--meats from the Amish Deli, rye bread from the Amish bakery. Then a peach coffee cake thing I'd made for a photo shoot I was doing for a contest entry.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
janey_alabama
Made the chocolate covered peanuts in the crockpot....
Georgysmom
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
Knitted and Crocheted Knockers
I am with a small group of women called Georgie's Breast...
heather_on
Today is "Chocolate Covered Peanut Day!"
Yummy! I've added a recipe link. Add yours! Chocolate...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Amazing Aunt Audrey
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™