What's for dinner Tuesday?

patti43August 28, 2012

It's been a laundry/cleaning day so tonight's dinner is pancakes and link sausage. Boy, am I ever tired.

What are you having for dinner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Georgysmom

Sounds good to me. When DH was away on business I would make the kids sausage and pancakes or French toast for dinner. That was a real treat and they thought I was the best Mom. LOL I guess I'm going to have to cook tonight. The party is over. We're having steak, corn on the cob and cole slaw. I might even make some home fries.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 5:20PM
patti43

Georgysmom, aren't kids great for the ego? Well, at least until they become teenagers. Sorry the party's over--you'd think for 3/4 century you could milk it a little longer. But your home cooked dinner sounds better!!

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 6:06PM
marilyn_sue

I took my soup beans, corn bread and smoked sausage fixed with peppers and onions to Amber's today. Cheryl and I had lunch with her and Alyssa. Alyssa turned 18 months yesterday. After I came home I canned two kinds of pickles, Kosher Dill and Bread and Butter. I was too tired to want much so just had a cheese sandwich and a banana and some iced tea. I can go to bed anytime now.....

Sue

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 6:20PM
schoolhouse_gw

I haven't had pancakes in ages. Sounds good.

I had almost a full bag of baby red potatoes in the crisper from when I bought them around the first of the month; so thought I'd better fix them somehow. Spread them on a cookie sheet over aluminum foil, drizzled olive oil, salt, and rosemary on them and baked them in my toaster oven for one hour. Mmmmmmmm. Would you believe this is the first time I've done this? Now that I know how easy it is I will definitely have them more often. Since I made so many, I ate a serving and will put the rest in the freezer for home fries some morning.

Also cooked a hot dog and had some yellow pear tomatoes. I should have roasted the tomatoes too! Never have tried that yet either. The little tomatoes are really coming on now and I should figure out something to do with them. Can they be frozen after being roasted?

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 6:34PM
glenda_al

Been traveling all afternoon, but still savoring over my Five Guys hamburger for lunch.

Oatmeal, per usual, tonight.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
Did everyone send out their swap gifts?
Just checking, only a few days left.
JoAnn_Fla
Happy swap from Jacqueline
My swap from Jacqueline....such a happy package, with...
phyllis__mn
Chuck roasts
I can remember when they were 50 cents a pound :(
lucillle
Guest room is finished.
About 3 weeks ago I asked for mattress recomendations...
Rose Pekelnicky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™