What's for dinner Wednesday?

patti43August 14, 2013

It was my radiation, chemo, radiation day and I am beat. We ate at Red Lobster on the way home from chemo. I was starving. Had hand-breaded shrimp (ate 12 of the 15), a large baked potato, some green beans and two off their biscuits. Harry also had shrimp, roasted red potatoes and cole slaw. No need for dinner at our house since it was 2:45 when we at lunch!!

What's for dinner at your house tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Hope you get a good nights rest, patti!

I was too pooped to post yesterdays lunch!
My "hangout day" with beloved GS. Of course, we shoe shopped :o) with no incident and we both agreed, faint on the shoes and the price. One store he got his dad's military discount and the other store I had a $10 off coupon.

Lunch was Mugshots burgers and GS was in awe with the variety of hamburgers plus the size of them burgers.

He had a patty melt on sour dough and I had a pepper jack burger, withi beer batter fries, that are unbelievably great.

Today, by my lonesome and went to Superior Grill for a side of a pulled pork tamale. Best in the area.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 5:03PM
OklaMoni

Not sure yet... but I am snacking on a bowl of Braums Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut ice cream for now.

:)

Moni

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 5:08PM
gadgets

I had a bowl of great northern beans. I put a fried ground pork patty on a slice of bread, topped with lettuce, onion, and fresh tomato. Almost had to 'smash' the sandwich to get it to fit in my mouth. lol

Shirley

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 5:41PM
glenda_al

gadgets you are making me drool!

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 5:53PM
mary3444

Patti, hope you are ok & can get a good nights sleep.

Long day all the pre-testing for the surgery is now over with.

Dinner was grilled cheese for hubby & I had a bowl of cereal.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 6:45PM
pam_25f

What a long day for you Patti. Do you do the driving too, or does Harry? Love those late, big lunch days. We had ribs, fresh corn, wonderful tomatoes. We have 2 grandsons here for the week. it's going well.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 6:49PM
mammie15

Patti, sure glad you have a good appetite.

We are having buffalo chicken legs on the grill, steamed broccoli, cucumbers and onions in white vinegar and sliced tomatoes. Fresh peaches for dessert.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 6:54PM
terri_pacnw

No idea..I have some chicken breasts thawing in cold water and salt in the sink...probably make another focaccia and make sandwiches..

Or maybe just run through the Wendy's drive through...I've got a headache..so right now, I don't care...lol...
It's almost 4...dinner won't be until 8.. I've got time to sort it out...

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 6:57PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

We both had doctors appts today and then getting ready to head to Louisiana for my mother's 91 birthday party so I am tired and ordering in Oriental food.
Have a friend that is staying at my house while we are gone and she is going to keep my little dog they are BFF's lol

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 7:06PM
susanjf_gw

chili dogs...fast tonight as dh had the stiches taken out on his finger.. everything was fine on the bi-op...

I always took a bread and butter sandwich with me to chemo...and often someone would bring in goodies in radiation (candy)! so never had the muchies..bless your heart! I didn't have double duty rad and chemo! i'd be starved, too!

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 7:12PM
marilyn_sue

I fixed lunch today and we had Great Northern soup beans, cornbread and ham steak. I was not very hungry this evening so I just had some macaroni salad.

Sue

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 7:23PM
Nita__AZ

Bobby and Amber dropped by while I was fixing dinner. Invited them to join us, of course Bobby can't refuse a Grandma meal. LOL

Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 9:09PM
teresava

I made a Shepard's Pie. For some reason, it always turns out a little different each time, but I think this one was a winner!! I like making a dinner where we don't need to worry about sides, since the veggies and starch are all together. Plus there is plenty for tomorrow night's dinner too.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 11:08PM
jel48

We had ice cream. Just ice cream :-)

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 5:16AM
More Discussions
Mattress recomendations
i was wondering if anyone has a foam mattress they...
Rose Pekelnicky
Update On Husband
My husband is now in the Heart Center and has been...
marilyn_sue
You would think I was 10 again!
Funny, I was raised around and have been around cattle...
prairie_rose
janey_alabama
Made the chocolate covered peanuts in the crockpot....
Georgysmom
How to stop emails...
How do I stop lists of emails coming from houzz, was...
pekemom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™