Glenda, Your picture today.......

jae_tn2August 10, 2012

I know you got preferred check-in, Glenda, but how did they do it? Did you go in early or a special entrance.....? You couldn't pay me to stand in that line or, for a matter of fact,go anywhere with that many people! I know you love to cruise as well as millions of other people, but I prefer doing what I did for 7 years. We rented an 8 bedroom house with 7 other couples who were friends, in Florida, on a very quiet beach. When we wanted an adventure, we drove to it then came back to the solitude on one of our balconies or night strolls on the beach.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

No this was our last port in Jamaica! Those people had been on excursions or shopping and were boarding the ship, Thursday, for our last day at sea, on Friday.

Pic was taken from our balcony.

When you embark the ship for cruising checkin, you go through a terminal, with long lines.

And yes, I get to miss the long lines embarking and disembarking, but NOT the long lines when you are in-port for excursions and shopping. I just know to get in earlier, so I miss those long lines. I'm not a souvenir shopper anymore :o)

The process is fast though and they keep you moving. You have to put all your shopping bags, etc thru an x-ray just like at the airport, and you have a ID card that you use to sign back in onto the ship.

I LOVE CRUISING :o)

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 3:49PM
glenda_al

This pic is from cruise, last January, to Mahogany Bay, Honduras.

Lines aren't near as long. Just depends on the port and times of departure. And the number of excursions and shopping spots.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 4:04PM
glenda_al

This pic is the one Jae is referring to in her post. It's the long lines boarding the ship after excursions and shopping in Jamaica.

Had 3000 passengers on board the ship.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 4:18PM
sleeperblues

I've only been on 2 cruises,and am going on one in October with some girlfriends. I don't recall really being bothered by waiting in long lines, they move pretty fast. I love cruising, also, Glenda and can't wait for mine!

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 7:59PM
glenda_al

There were lots of excursions to choose from in Ocho Rios, and places to venture to. Shopping wasn't that great, I didn't think. That's why we were onboard ship after our excursion. Thus no big line for us.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 8:05PM
lydia1959

I don't think I'd really mind that long line... look at how beautiful the water is! Not a bad view while you wait.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:12PM
glenda_al

ttt for Jae

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 12:32PM
More Discussions
Chuck roasts
I can remember when they were 50 cents a pound :(
lucillle
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Fri Mar 27
Cape Spear, most eastern point of land in North America....
caseynfld
Airline pilots and antidepressants
As of five years ago, airline pilots are allowed to...
Alisande
Trying to give up diet soda.
Do y'all have any suggestions what I can replace those...
moonie_57
The REAL Friday/Weekend Quiz
Wow, I didn't even notice till this morning that I...
Jasdip
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™