Do You Wash Your Vera Bradley Purse

country_bumpkin_alAugust 27, 2010

I only own ONE Vera Bradley purse (neighbor's adopted me as their "Mom" and gave it to me for Mothers Day). So..I've been using it since May..and it needs a bath! lol It has the washing instructions on the tag..but I need to know if I leave the plastic stabilizer in the bottom..or remove it. I tried taking it out..but it's not wanting to come out!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sea_shell

Gee I love the internet....did a search "how to wash a Vera Bradley purse" and here is some information...but not how to remove that piece, but it does seem like you should if it's not plastic.

Here is one persons washing instructions...have to scroll down to read. one thing to dois to close the zipper.

http://www.epinions.com/content_147137007236

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: How to wash a VB

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 12:01PM
cheryl_ok

When I wash mine, I just remove the hard bottom and zip it up and wash in machine on gentle. I dry it by hanging it on the door knob with zipper open and when outside is dry, I turn it inside out and let it dry some more.

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 12:06PM
country_bumpkin_al

All is well! Took some fighting, but I did get the stabilizer thingy out of the bottom. Glad I did..it's cardboard. Thick cardboard...but cardboard! Mine doesn't have a zipper, so I just snapped it shut. It's hanging and drying right now! Sure looks a lot better!!

Thanks!!

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 3:43PM
sea_shell

Glad you to the time and effort to get the cardboard out....and that it washed well. You would think they would put a note in bags telling you this part wasn't washable OR why not find a plastic that would work...

Sue...who wears a cheap fanny pack from W mart, where they are not being sold anymore. Started wearing one when recovering from knee replacements and could not handle a cane and a purse. It's so heavy can't wear it as an across the body purse.

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 7:50PM
mrsmarv

"You would think they would put a note in bags telling you this part wasn't washable..."

Vera Bradley does include a small tag on the inside of each bag that has a removable bottom piece. The rag reads:

"This Vera Bradley bag has a solid base. Please remove base before washing."

The only problem is they don't give detailed instructions on how to get the darn thing out LOL!

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 7:59PM
JoAnn_Fla

I wash mine by hand just like all the others said. No problem at all. Hang to dry.

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 7:59PM
socks

I recently washed mine, but reluctantly thinking it would pucker up, fade or whatever. But it looks good as new. The bottom in mine just lifts out, must be cardboard covered with the matching fabric. Watch their site--they sometimes have some good markdowns. Not sure if I'll get another print, their blacks are so nice and black. That might be next.

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 9:04PM
kathyg_in_mi

I removed the bottom cardboard (there was a tag that came with the purse) and washed it in my washing machine with two towels. Line dried. I had to wash it, it came from my DDIL and they have cats. Everytime I used it I was sneezing and my eyes itched like crazy. It came out beautiful! My bag is one of the very large ones.
Kathy G in MI

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 12:33AM
More Discussions
Have You Found Any Bargains Lately?
Have you found any bargains lately? I needed a gallon...
marilyn_sue
My mother in law passed yesterday
Bless her heart, she fell and her head hit the wall...
PKponder TX
"Gentle" hypoallergenic mascara?
So, after 35 years of no problems, it seems most store-brand...
jewelisfabulous
calm before the storm
We have another severe storm coming later. Rain, flooding,...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Sponsored Products
Toadstool Stopper Set
$7.49 | zulily
Solid Bronze Towel Ring with Square Base
Signature Hardware
Minka Lavery Newport Traditional Outdoor Wall Light
1800Lighting
Gray Faux Silk Arc Tempo Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Filament Design Ceiling Mounted Lighting Evernice 3-Light Bronze Flush Mount
Home Depot