Do You Have A Favorite Zucchini Recipe?

marilyn_sueAugust 1, 2012

I know some of us are now getting zucchini in our gardens or given to us and I wonder do you have a favorite way you like to fix it?

I am looking for a Zucchini Jam recipe that does not use pineapple but does use Sure Jell in it and Jello.

Looking forward to your favorite way to use up the zucchini.

Sue in Central Indiana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

You asked for favorite zucchini recipes, and then said you were looking for zucchini jam recipes. I have a new favorite zucchini recipe, but it is not jam, so I'm not sure if you are interested, but here it is anyway.

I like zucchini ANY way, but DH is not crazy about it, so when I find a recipe that he says he likes, I know it's got to be good. And this one is so easy.

Cut about 3 cups of zucchini in small julienne (love my mandoline), toss with about a half teaspoon of salt and put in a colander over a bowl so that the juices can drain off the zucchini. Heat a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in a saute pan and lightly toast 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds. Add the zucchini and heat through (flipping a couple of times) for about 2 minutes. The zucchini won't really be fully cooked. Grind a little pepper over the top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. YUMMY!

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 9:49AM
yayagal

Thanks Donna, we're going to try that one today, it sounds yummy.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 10:08AM
SunnyDJ

We like breaded zucchini and I do shred a lot and keep it in the freezer for bread...But just the other day, I had left over chili and a fairly big zucchini so I hollowed out the seeds etc., and filled it with the chili, topped with more sauce and cheese and baked it until the zucchini was soft.....It was really good.....

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 12:17PM
joann23456

My favorite way to eat zucchini is to slice it and saute with fresh basil in olive oil. Sometimes, I'll add onions or tomatoes, or both.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 12:27PM
marilyn_sue

I do like to add shredded zucchini to my chili soup and to my meatloaf. Of course there are always the cakes and breads.

Sue

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 1:57PM
marilyn_c

I slice it and saute it in olive oil. Then I serve it over linguine with lots of Parmesan. I don't remember the name for it....they were making it on a PBS fundraiser show. I also add some onions and mushrooms to mine usually.

I like it sliced and breaded and fried, also stuffed with a hamburger and tomato mixture, topped with cheese. Sometimes just stir fried and served with steak.

I made zucchini fritters awhile back and they were good too, but I didn't save the recipe. I grated them and formed them into patties and pan fried them. I can't remember what else I added as a binder or mixed with them.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 2:39PM
sheilajoyce_gw

Zucchini cake with Philadelphia Cream Cheese frosting!!!

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 2:54PM
marie_ndcal

My DD makes a good Zucchini stir fry with onions, fresh tomatoes, and some seasoning. I have tried to make it but can't, so I get her to make it. She adds Parmesan cheese, the type you use on pasta dishes, not the fresh. I also added garlic.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 3:00PM
marie_ndcal

If you google Zucchini jam receipes there are some without the pineapple. Apparently the pineapple helps set the jam/jelly.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 3:03PM
Cassandra

Zucchini quiche!

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 3:27PM
sheilajoyce_gw

My aunt made th emost delicious stuffed zucchini. I wish I had her recipe. She sauteed the core of the zucchini in butter with onion and chopped tomato and I don't know what else. Then she heaped that concoction into the halved zucchini, sprinkled them with salt and parmesan cheese and baked them till tender. These were smaller squash, so if you want to stuff some of the big ones, simmer them in salted water first to help them cook enough.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 4:06PM
ont_gal

At this site,there are 75 recipes for zucchini and squash

http://www.marthastewart.com/275750/summer-squash-and-zucchini-recipes/@center/276955/seasonal-produce-recipe-guide?xsc=eml_msl_2012_07_26&om_rid=Dk0S$h&om_mid=_BQET9VB8r6cRJf

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 4:54PM
More Discussions
Sensitive Problem
Gotcha! Here's my sensitive problem: I'm a female,...
vicsgirl
Do you wear your outdoor shoes indoors at home?
In my neck of the woods, during snowy winter months...
stacey_mb
I just need 1 person ..............SPRING SWAP
I'm ending it today, Aunt Audrey decided to play with...
JoAnn_Fla
Well, what is it? Gold and White, or what???
I see gold and white, or is it white and gold? LOL How...
OklaMoni
Anyone get their Houzz gift?
I just received mine today, very cool!
chi83
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™