better than spray and wash !!

mimilmAugust 2, 2012

Hi, I come here all the time to read the posts--you

are all so good! I want to share with you--if you have a

tough stain to get out of your clothes, and spay and wash

didn't get it---I have been using mean green! it has taken hair color, mustard and other hard stains out of clothes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

Mimi, where do you buy this product?

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 7:14AM
katlan

Thanks for the tip mimi. I buy mine by the large jug, I think it's a gallon, at The Dollar General/Family Dollar Store for $5. DH uses it all the time in the garage, but I'll def try it in the house!

Thanks again.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 8:24AM
nanny98

Years ago, when my DH worked with the Civilian conservation Corps...and used baseball type caps to identify people...White being for the leaders; I used that for washing his white caps all the time. Sprayed the cap outdors then took the hose and rinsed it and they came out great. He still wears them, but they are more easily washed in the washing machine these days.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:36AM
cat_ky

I use it for laundry all the time too. It does a great job. If any of you have men that work where their jeans get greasy and dirty, it will get them looking pretty decent again. I buy mine from the Dollar General store, but, I am sure that it is probably sold most places.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:43AM
emagineer

Is this the same green soap I remember as a kid during the 50s. We used it on the farm for everything, including washing our hair. Bought at the grocery store. I'm going to head out and see if I can find some. Sounds like it has great potential for a lot of things.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 12:23PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I have been using it for years from the dollar store, I like simple green better I think it cleans better. Not fond of the smell of either.
green cleaner

here they both are at walmart

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 1:38PM
sheilajoyce_gw

I seem to have the most trouble with the grease spots I get from dribbles (such as salad dressing) on my cotton and polyester blend t-shirts. I have to rewash them often to get those spots. I guess I ought to try one or the other green cleaner.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 9:13PM
linda_in_iowa

Sheilajoyce, I use Oxyclean spray to pretreat laundry stains and it gets the grease and oil stains from foods out.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
Overhead drone video of a local island
These drone videos always make me feel a bit dizzy...
cherryfizz
Today is"Carrot Cake Day!"
Would love for you to share your recipes. I have 3-4...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
request from grams33
This was on another post. I'm just posting here to...
breenthumb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™