Help! Please! I need to remove front panel of washing machine

caroline94535August 18, 2008

My top loading, Kenmore Elite Whirlpool washer is leaking. It's about five years old. I'm not sure of the model name and all the paperwork is still packed away.

Do you know how I remove the front panel? The washer developed a serious leak this evening. Water is running out from under the washer, near the front. It is not leaking from the hoses that fill the washer, nor from the big hose that drains the water out.

Any help you can offer will be so appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ont_gal

do not remove...tip the machine back on to a chair or something to get a look under...it could be something as simple as a hose clamp has loosened off

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 12:19AM
minnie_tx

Do a google
leaking Whirlpool washer
a lot of sites come up

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 2:16AM
Lindsey_CA

I would say that you should NEVER tip a washing machine unless the owner's manual says it is safe to do so. Why? Because on many models, tipping it causes it to leak oil, and once it has started it will never stop. That's why when we bought our new washing machine I made sure that the front panel is removable for servicing.

Caroline, you can look up the owner's manual online. Look at your machine -- lift the lid and read the stuff that's on the inside of it. There has got to be a clue as to the model name or number. At the very least, take a good look at it, and you will recognize it on the Kenmore Elite Whirlpool web site - then check the manual.

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 4:39AM
ofealia

Usually - if you look in the seam of the top of the front panel and the lip of the top of the machine, there are two clips there. Slide something long and thin in there, like a putty knife - you'll have to push a little hard. Be careful not to scrap the finish on the panel though.

Good luck!

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
cheryl_okla
Robert Herjavec of Shark Tank, Divorcing
How sad. I genuinely really like this guy. He's kind...
Jasdip
Site of the Day Mar 5
Wise Bread - personal finance and frugal living. http://www.wisebread.com/...
caseynfld
Today is "National Cheese Doodle Day!"
Make your own Cheeze Doodles
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Thought on solar companies, please
Our electricity bills are just outrageous and we are...
donna_loomis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™