MRI shows an 80-99% rotator cuff tear

sleeperbluesJuly 6, 2012

Weird thing is, I don't have pain anymore. I fell back in October and was in a lot of pain for months. I had to take an Advil PM to sleep. But the pain is virtually gone, and my range of motion is almost normal. I am being referred to a surgeon, and I know surgery will be recommended. I know shoulder surgery is very painful, especially the rehab and want to avoid it if at all possible. Have you had this surgery, and what is your experience?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherrmann

99%? What is holding your arm on? Seriously, it sounds awful, but if you have already nearly recovered, why have surgery now? Just curious. I hope you have a full recovery.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 10:49PM
mary_c_gw

DH tore his rotator cuff also. Our family practice doctor recommended physical therapy, but also sent him for a 2nd opinion. That surgeon was dubious about the physical therapy, but that was what we ended up doing.

It took several months, but DH would have had to do physical therapy after the surgery anyway. He now has 90% range of motion in that arm, which is more than the surgeon was promising.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 11:00PM
glenda_al

I've just finished my 3rd pt therapy, and hoping it will work without surgery. Three more to go before cruising, and they tell me, when I get back, it will be like starting all over again :o(

Good luck to you!

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
What colour do you see?
I see both. When I opened I saw white and gold. I scrolled...
Cookie8
Site of the Day Feb 27
Hyper Real - what you are looking at are NOT photographs!...
caseynfld
Let's start a Chain Reaction Game! Get some activity going here.
We played this one before so it should be familiar...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
If you could take back 10 years...
If you had the ability to have 10 years of your life...
pickyshopper
New Story on my Blog
New Blog post today newpostbyseniorgal
seniorgal_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™