Weekend and 2nd Interviews

samkarenJuly 1, 2013

Boy am I beat!!!!!!

left Saturday morning for my Brother & SIL's house. 2 1/2 hour drive due to rain storm. Got there and they both gave me a HUGE hug!!! Wanted to cry I was so happy. We spent hours talking and talking. My nieces and nephews came over and they couldn't believe it when they saw me. Got hugs from everyone. When I was leaving the next morning my brother said he loved me and not to wait another 13 years to come over.

First interview at 8:30 this morning. Went well. Met with the Dean and the currect secretary (who is transferring to another department).

Second interview at 11:15 went well too. Met with head of department 7 committee members. Explained that I had been involved with education union for 14 years so I am really hoping that helped me. Job deals with the unions.

Both of them said that they will have their decisions by Wednesday. I feel I did my best and if this is meant to be it will happen.

Also...I had an interview where I work in another department. (Remember I was 9 for 9 not getting jobs). Got an email that I have a meeting with the Dean & HR on Wednesday. Wonder if they are going to offer me the job???????

Have to wait but will let you know when I hear what the outcome is on everything.

Thank you all for the good vibes!!!

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nizza

It sounds like you had a great weekend with your brother and family. I am so glad that it went well.

Well, that's very interesting that your office wants to interview you for a position there. Hmmmm, maybe they heard from the other places that they were very interested in you. Good luck with everything and hope you get what you want.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 6:58PM
JeanInWa

too bad you can't clone yourself. Sounds like you have excellent prospects. HOW will you ever choose, if they all offer you a job.

So glad your visit with your brother went so well.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 7:37PM
wanda_va

I'm so glad it went well with your brother and his family.

Congratulations on good interviews, and I will pray that you have great news to share on Wednesday. Hugs!

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 7:44PM
glenda_al

Fingers crossed!

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 8:19PM
patti43

SamKaren, I'm so glad you had a great weekend. That surely boosted your confidence level for today's interviews. Do you know which job you would rather have? Good luck to you, my dear.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 9:08PM
jel48

I'm glad you had such a great visit with your brother and his family.

Sounds like Wednesday will be a big day! Crossing my fingers for you!

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 6:05AM
ellendi

I think you should start thinking about WHICH job you would prefer.
I have a feeling you will have multiple offers to mull over!

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 7:20AM
yayagal

You must be on cloud nine with your wonderful warm reception at your brother's and now the jobs!!!! You're well on your way to a new beautiful life as a happy single.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 9:46AM
kacram

sounds good! Glad you went to see your brother!

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 12:08PM
juellie1962

Wow; how things have turned around for you in the past couple weeks! I have no clue what the story about your brother is, but it sounds like you will be keeping in touch! :)

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 8:20PM
samkaren

God I hate the waiting and not knowing!!!!!! I know exactly which job I want but would take either.

Went online today (just in case I am lucky) and found an apartment complex that has several units available at a perfect time to move. AND it's 5 blocks from my sweetie...

Hope I have good news to post tomorrow. I think I wll be crushed if I don't get either of them.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Which do you handle better, excessive heat or cold?
If you had to choose to either be uncomfortably hot...
pickyshopper
Mattress recomendations
i was wondering if anyone has a foam mattress they...
Rose Pekelnicky
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Rant about dog rescue
So I look at the form for a German Shepherd rescue....
ronminsouthga
Yale reverses Type 2 diabetes & fatty liver disease in rats
Read about it here. I put some effort into coming up...
Alisande
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™