spider lily ????

jannaz_gwJuly 30, 2012

Hi, all. I posted this on the lily forum, but I'll ask over here as well, since that forum seems less active than here, and I'll bet someone here can help.

I am a total rookie/ignoramus when it comes to flowers of any sort.

Several years ago I brought home a beautiful white potted lilie which I believe is a spider lilie or Peruvian daffodil. I was told it would bloom once, maybe twice, and never bloom again. So when the first bloom withered, I transplanted it outside and basicly ignored it. Its home is close to the garden hose faucet, where it gets water on an irregular basis. After about 3 years of neglect, it bloomed again. Then about three years after that, which is now, it bloomed again--5 blossoms.

Now, those blossoms appear to be producing babies! Bulbs, I guess, rather than seed pods. My question is, what should I do with the babies to possbly get new plants?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Jann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Lilies grow from bulbs you can divide the bulbs split off the ones the new babies are growing from.

I also posted recently about a method to start new lilies from the leaves, search for that post here.
If you want a definite id post a picture over on the name that plant forum they are awesome.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 4:43PM
More Discussions
when does your "Spring Cleaning" start?
This time around I'm going to be organized about it....
Amazing Aunt Audrey
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Robotic Vac's
What is your opinion of the Roomba or Robotic vacuum...
ruthieg_tx
Houzz, no moving forum?
Having trouble getting myself motivated. Need to clean...
josephene_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™