103 right now

katlanJuly 6, 2012

Unfortunately for us, our house faces west, so we get the blazing hot afternoon sun right in our livingroom. I took this pic about 10 minutes ago, on my front porch. The thermometer is in the shade!

Boo hiss. This is awful, my heart goes out to all those people who have no electricity or A/C right now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dees_1

Yup....we're on day I-forget-how-many-over-100. Last night at 9:30, it was still 93.

and we haven't had a drop of rain since 6/10.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 4:08PM
marilyn_sue

Our temperature has started going down, living in the woods, the late sun doesn't hit us like it would otherwise. It is now 95.

Sue in Central Indiana

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 4:55PM
pam_25f

I am so grateful for electricity and AC. So sorry for all those without. A number of years ago we lost power for at least a week during an ice storm. It was a difficult time, but even then we knew it wasn't as bad as the outages in the summer. We didn't have a generator, but had a wood fireplace, gas grills and hot water.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 5:40PM
lily316

99 here now. Tomorrow 104. My daughter and I had this argument. I would rather be w/o power in the winter than the summer. She was one winter for four days. But I have a woodstove ,gas everything and am on city water.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 5:50PM
katlan

I'm with you Lily. If I had to choose, I would take winter with no power. We also have a woodburner, and propane heaters in the "toy box" (where DH has all his "toys", motorcycles, tools, boat)

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 10:46PM
petaloid

Too darned hot, that's for sure.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 11:08PM
glenda_al

86 10:15 PM
Bedroom window unit cooling down to 61 for good sleeping.

Nite

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 11:16PM
Cynic

Been hot all over. Can't understand people that like this stuff. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'll take -10ð any day over this 100ð/80ð dewpoint stuff. My a/c died and been without it about a week. Got a new one in night before last.

Cold front came through tonight. Got a little rain and the temps dropped from over 100ðF to under 70ð in a couple of hours. Of course I was out at the store and hauled the stuff in during the hot part... (heavy sigh) Oh well, windows are open and I'm enjoying the fresh air. Should be more seasonable the next week or so.

People worry about themselves, but don't forget the damage this has done to the crops (and of course the farmers). If you don't care about them, that's fine, but you'll likely see the results at the checkout counter.

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 1:48AM
More Discussions
Survivor - possible spoilers - beware:)
No comment about tonight's show. I just want to say...
carabubble
"Call the Midwife" returns 3/29/2015
Just a little reminder for fans of "Call the Midwife"...
maire_cate
TV Show "Nashville"
The cast of Nashville are performing on tv now, playing...
Jasdip
Skin Tags & Warts
Yea, I know, nasty, right? But anywhoo, I have them....
lisaw2015
Survivor last night-(spoilers if you haven't watched)
I was so scared my little Joe would be gone. Phew!!!...
sleeperblues
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™