Anyone use Quest Diagnostics for routine lab tests?

monica_paJuly 2, 2013

I do, and they developed an app for smartphones, where you can request copies of results of simple things like blood work.
Originally, they came 2 days after being sent to Dr, but now, it's taking a week and several emails to get them.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chloecat

Yes, the app is VERY slow; for me, it always has been. I usually just call my doc and have him read me the reports (He's happy to do that for me...).

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 4:11PM
pkramer60

I have and my rheumatologist hates them. Don't use the app, but it takes them days to send the reports.

I always request a copy be faxed to me, but they usually don't, so the MD's office sends me one.

I now have my blood draws done at the MD's office and we have no problems.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 4:18PM
maire_cate

We use Quest but I hate adding any more apps to my phone so I just wait until they mail them - my doctor will fax them over too if need be.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 4:19PM
Lindsey_CA

With our health insurance we can go to Quest or to any Sutter Medical lab. We always go to Sutter because we can get our results online. They're posted online as soon as the tests have been completed. In addition to bloodwork results online, we can get the results of mammograms, any other X-rays, colonoscopies, etc, etc.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 3:52AM
cathyid

Is this the company that sends out notices to have your labs done when they are in your area? I don't recognize the name.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 3:35PM
chloecat

No- they're an established company that many insurance companies require their customers to use.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 3:45PM
chisue

Years ago we used Quest -- not since our hospital group has taken over most aspects of health care. There are now four or five hospital groups in the Chicago area that own *everything*.

There was a long battle over which group would acquire our local independent hospital with its' well-insured population. There are very few independent physicians' practices now. The group that nabbed my internist's practice just gobbled up my GYN's group too.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 5:38PM
More Discussions
Harbinger of Spring!
Ha, I looked out of my front window a little while...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Beet Greens
What's your favorite way to prepare beet greens? I've...
Suzieque
Apropos of the weather
I was reminded of one of my stories. I have a bad habit...
Sue_va
Spring Swap.......... are you in?
I was thinking today, its about time for a spring swap....
JoAnn_Fla
Anyone else still looking at the email confirmation message?
I'm getting a little tired of looking at Please confirm...
Alisande
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™