Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove?

nelles_gwJuly 22, 2013

Did anyone watch this on the Hallmark Channel? It was on Saturday night, and is based on the Debbie Macomber book series.

Even though I really don't like Andie McDowell as an actress, I thought I'd give it a try, as I LOVED the books (a series of about 12 books).

I thought the TV show was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!! So bad, in fact, that I won't watch any more of the shows.

What did you think?

Ellen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
YogaLady1948

I did not watch it, but was thinking of it~~I like her books also. Now I do not think I will waste by TV watching time on it~~Thanks for the heads up, Ellen.

Jackie

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 4:40PM
Georgysmom

I'm just the opposite. Wasn't planning on watching but now I have to to see how bad it really is. LOL What the heck, there's nothing really good on T.V. anyway.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 4:56PM
grandmamary_ga

Well I watched it and I also did not like it. I too have read all the books in the series. I couldn't wait for the next one to come out. But this show wasn't what I thought it would be. I did like the person who played Jack but wasn't too sure about the actress who played Olivia. I felt that the actors who played the younger characters were just to young looking to me. I guess its just me. I wanted this show to be wonderful as the books were. I love Debbie Macomber. I buy everything she writes. Some are reissues which makes me angry. As I probably have the originals in my basement. Mary

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 5:01PM
nelles_gw

You're in luck, georgysmon, as it's being rebroadcast on Hallmark several times this week ;)

Ellen

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 6:08PM
blfenton

I watched it as well. It was ok and I will give it another chance however if Andie McDowell doesn't stop giggling like a school girl (she's playing a judge for crying out loud!) I will stop watching it.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 6:08PM
linda_in_iowa

I thought it was just OK.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 6:26PM
susanjf_gw

can't remember the other book 10-15 years ago that was soooo bad! it takes a really GOOD script writer to convert a book to a 2 hr movie...lets face it, they are mass producing these movies...lay you odds it was filmed in 6 weeks or less...often the authors have no say, but a healthy check!

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 6:41PM
JoAnn_Fla

I watched it, it was enjoyable but kinda draggy. I will watch it next week and see if it gets better. I just loved the scenery.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 7:03PM
jackie_ok

I have read all the books and I was looking forward to watching it, but somehow I just couldn't get interested in it.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 7:54PM
angela_nor_calif

I liked it but haven't read the books. I agree her giggling was a little annoying.

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 1:52AM
More Discussions
Advice: Would this bother you?
I was involved in a car accident a few weeks ago. ...
pawprint1
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Jublia
Does anyone use Jublia for toenail fungus? I hear...
jenson13
Audrey, it's like Christmas!
You sure over did yourself! Such beautiful and wonderful...
cheryl_okla
"Medicare Demystified"
A few minutes ago I saw a post on the Health forum...
Lindsey_CA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™