Boom Be careful

minnie_txJuly 25, 2012

DS heard a Boom in his kitchen and went to see wht caused it. He had put a bag of ice in his frezer and inadverdently left a can of soda pop in the bag and it exploded. Fortunately it didn't do any damage to his freezer but it isa good warning of what not to do. He said everyone knows not to put a can in the freezer. I really didn't

never thought about it

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iowagirl2006

I often put cans of pop in the freezer to "get cold quick". When I forget them (ha! all the time!) they don't always explode, but they usually bet a big bulge in the top.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 1:51PM
FlamingO in AR

Iowagirl, if you put the can in some salty ice water, it'll get cold fast!

I don't put things in the freezer that can't be frozen because I know I'll forget them!

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 2:10PM
chubby_rat

They also explode if you let them in the bed of the truck in over 100 degree weather. Ask my husband how I know.His truck was a mess! And bulgy cans all over the place.Diet Ginger Ale exploded first. Pepsi was just bulged out.Wine pops the cork too in the heat.Hmmmmm....lot of waste that day because he didn't carry stuff in the house.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 2:24PM
SunnyDJ

I think the only thing that exploded on me was a tube of refrigerated bisquits that had been in the hot car and then we sat the bags on the counter and bang! Of course it had to be at the top of the bag and it went every where....I was finding little pieces of dough, days later........
Kind of funny, but when it happened I actually thought someone was shooting at me...I didn't know wheter to duck or faint......

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 3:34PM
emma

My husband used to put his beer (bottle) in the freezer so it would cool down more just before he was going to drink it. Sometimes he would forget, thankfully it never exploded just pushed the cap off and ooozed. LOL AND he laughed at me for filling my glass full of ice before I poured in the tea.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 4:48PM
gardenspice

I put canned drinks in the freezer to get cold quickly from time to time, but I set a timer, because I know from experience, I may forget. Yucky mess if they blow.
And yes - someone around here (thank goodness not in my car) left his sodas in the car this week and boom, boom - it tore open the cardboard box.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 5:07PM
More Discussions
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Best Bra you ever had.
I have tried every bra brand there is, and cannot find...
jenson13
Why don't they......
Put either a longer cord or a much shorter cord on...
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
Friday/Weekend Trivia Quiz
According to a study out of the UK, this happens to...
Jasdip
"Call the Midwife" returns 3/29/2015
Just a little reminder for fans of "Call the Midwife"...
maire_cate
Sponsored Products
Hälsa Portion Control Four-Piece Single Place Set
$41.99 | zulily
Colonial Mills Botanical Isle Chenille Braided Area Rug - Pink Punch - BI70R024X
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Nautical Navy Blue and Red Rectangular: 2 Ft. 8 In. x 4 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$110.00 | Bellacor
Olde World Silver One-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Pendant Light, 6W x 9H x
$471.00 | Bellacor
Designers Fountain ES97540 Amherst Fluorescent Wall Sconce in Burnt Umber Finish
$124.00 | Hayneedle
68" x 126" Oblong Cloth
$157.90 | Horchow
Monogrammed Luggage Tag
$48.00 | Horchow
Retro Black and Grey Runner: 2 Ft. 3 In. x 11 Ft. Rug
$102.95 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™