Store up your Treasure's in Heaven

jel48July 23, 2013

There was a book by this title (or at least very close) written maybe back in the 1970's. I had a copy of it years ago. It was written by a mother who had lost (I believe) 4 children in an accident of some sort. I would like to find a copy for Emi, when she has had a little more time, because I remember it as the sort of a book that might help her. However, despite all my searches online, I get a lot of hits on the verses in Matthew, which inspired the title, but do not have any luck finding the book. Maybe it is no longer in print. Does anyone here know a better way to go about looking for it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JoAnn_Fla

are you able to find the authors name? I did a search myself but turned up nothing.

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 1:02PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Here's one on Amazon. I googled 'book, store up treasures in heaven'

Here is a link that might be useful: Eleanor Tyler Mead 1977

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 1:25PM
jel48

Mama_goose, that is it! I recognized the cover immediately! I had tried searching on Amazon, but must have done something a little differently so that it didn't hit on that book. Joann_fla, I hadn't remembered the author's name so wasn't able to search on that. Thank you both so much for doing the search for me!

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 2:08PM
dedtired

Oh, Jel, I have thought of you and your family every day since hearing the sad news. I do hope this book brings some measure of comfort to the parents.

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 2:21PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

jel48, you're very welcome. I don't post much on KT--usually just pop in to check the 'show me yours' threads.

I searched for your other thread with the devastating news. I'm so sorry. We lost an infant son to a congenital defect 24 years ago, and went on to have another baby--a healthy girl. I'm a grandmother now (from our elder daughter), so I know the pain both you, and the young parents, are feeling.

Please accept my sympathy and prayers.

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 3:45PM
More Discussions
Dinner at 8 (#6)
Grace Kelly is your guest of honor. Who else do you...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
What kind of tape to use?
We were Freecycled a Stir-Crazy popcorn popper. It...
Jasdip
Sandie's husband died yesterday. :(
I hate to tell you all this, but here's my email from...
Granlan TX
how do you clean black scuff marks off vinyl flooring?
A quick web search mentioned using the rubber sole...
pammyfay
I finally finished!!!
Year End is DONE!!! Took 4 days, about 3 days longer...
prairie_rose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™