Hurry cane

goldyJuly 16, 2012

Has anyone used it yet?I want to make a friend a present ,but I want to know first if it"s worth it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marygailv

Went to Google and read a lot of complaints.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 12:17PM
monica_pa

OMG - $40.00 for a folding cane ?
Heck, I bought a folding cane at my drugstore for half that amount..and I bet mine weighs less, fits in my handbag and is less cumbersome that this cane.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 12:49PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I saw them on tv but never in person it does look interesting though, I know when I use my regular cane it is difficult to try to set it down or hang it on something, and the ones with the 4 prong bottom are cumbersome but this one looks smaller at the bottom and since it flexes really looks like it would work well. But I would want to try one in hand to make sure it would be steady enough.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 2:55PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I see it for $29.95 and shipping. But the reviews definitely are not great.

However what you can do is go to walgreens they have these special tips you can put on any cane that makes it stand up and if it falls down you can step on the edge of the tip and make is pop back up. There are a few different ones and they are not nearly as large or cumbersom as a full 4 prong cane. These are examples.

Hugo QuadPod Ultra Stable Cane Tip with Compact Quad Design Black

JUVO Stand-Up Cane Tip 7/8 inch Grey

AbleTripod Cane Tip Replacement 3/4"

just check your cane size but most are the same size. I have a few canes, I do have a folding one but it has a solid wood curved Derby handle which will begin to hurt my hand after a while, my fave one is a light weight pink aluminum offset with a very cushioned hand grip, light weight and easy on the hand, and fully adjustable.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 3:14PM
kayjones

I saw a cool cane today, Raven - someone had epoxied the cane into a small child's cowboy boot! I asked the lady about it and she said it makes the cane stand up by itself and she showed me - it was So CUTE!

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 6:09PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

oh my goodness what a cute idea or even a baby sneaker LOL

I am going to get the hugo quadpod for mine I have other hugo products and they are all good quality. I found it on sale online for only $8.99 need to check their shipping cost it may be less to order it.

Hugo QuadPod

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 6:16PM
goldy

Who would a thought it.Most of my friends here use a cane.I will go to walmart's or Targets and see if it's on the self with the other things"As Seen on TV.Thanks for the tip.

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 9:09PM
lindaohnowga

I use a quad cane (4 footed cane) and I decorate it for every holiday and season. Those of you who use canes should decorate yours. It makes using them so much more enjoyable and people enjoy seeing the various decorations. This can be done with walkers too.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
What's for Dinner ... Sunday
I doesn't look like anyone has started this thread...
bob_cville
Bears 1, Birds 0
I started weaning the birds off their seed in anticipation...
Alisande
Need a tried and true brussel sprouts, please!
Roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta and onions. Son...
glenda_al
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Sat Mar 28
There are 2 lighthouses at Cape Spear, this is the...
caseynfld
Chuck roasts
I can remember when they were 50 cents a pound :(
lucillle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™