Nice house for sale

alisandeJuly 29, 2012

One block from the library! A lot of house for the money, I think, compared to some. I love the exterior and the grounds. The interior has great potential, but I'll bet a lot of you could do better with the decor.

Click here and click on the Photos tab to see all the rooms and gardens.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jak1

Wow, a lot of house for the money! I love it. But it would need lots of TLC and cash to make it a true showpiece. I love looking at older homes and imagining what I would do.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 10:17AM
marie_ndcal

Curious--it this a house you are considering in buying or just sharing. It is a great looking place, but way too much for me at my age.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 10:24AM
maire_cate

We drove through Honesdale on one of our weekend jaunts and I remember seeing quite a few lovely Victorian homes.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 10:26AM
alisande

No, I'm not thinking about it for myself. I'm just sharing because I know a lot of us at the KT enjoy looking at houses. Especially houses we would never consider buying. :-)

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 10:27AM
ghoghunter

What a fabulous house! I love to dream about what it would be like to live in a huge house that is so beautiful! I live in a really little house in Levittown but I do love to look! Thanks for posting this!
Joann

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 10:54AM
gemini40

What a gorgeous home...if only????
I had the time, the money, and a few other things...lol

June

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 11:52AM
patti43

I know what you mean, June. If only... Thanks for posting that house, Susan, it's just gorgeous. I love looking at houses so, of course, I looked at all 86 pictures! :-) I grew up in a beautiful old house which, as a kid, I didn't appreciate. Sure wish I had it now.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 12:10PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I can just imagine sitting on that wonderful porch in a porch swing with a nice breeze blowing.
I love to look at the old ones but not own one, my sister did though she bought and restored several much like that.
Beautiful place.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 1:31PM
emma

It's lovely. You would never guess what I thought when I saw it. The yard, what a lot of maintenance. LOL

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 2:13PM
Jodi_SoCal

Oh my, I'm so jealous! You would get a small, two bedroom fixer-upper with practically no yard for that price in my area. Well, at least I don't have to heat the place. :-)

Jodi-

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 2:14PM
sheilajoyce_gw

What a lovely home. I would love to be able to find eastern homes here in the southwest. However, I would need air conditioning to be happy.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 3:58PM
sunshines

I would get lost in that house. On the other hand it would be paradise for children playing hide and seek.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 4:26PM
marylmi

I love that house!! I can see what you mean about the decorating though, but lots of potential here! I love that little corner bathroom sink area, it must be upstairs maybe. I can see a nice Bed & Breakfast with this.........or just a single family enjoying that great house! lol!

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 4:44PM
petaloid

Over here that would cost a whole lot more.

I wish I had the money to buy it, fix it up and enjoy it -- a great house, with even greater potential.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
Dinner at 8 (#2)
Your celebrity guest is Elvis Presley. What is on the...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Trade Deadline Day
Or, THE MOST BORING 8 hours of TV in the year. Yet...
prairie_rose
Swap partners have been sent out
Let me know if you get yours, if not I'll resend again. Thank...
JoAnn_Fla
Chi83's wedding
Chi83 -- I was remiss in not wishing you and your hubby...
Lindsey_CA
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™