Michael Fall Display

enjoyingspringJune 17, 2013

I could not believe what I saw when I went into Michaels today, they had their fall flowers out along with pumpkins, my god we are not even into summer yet next thing you know they will have the Xmas stuff out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Seriously! Turn your head when you go by it. We have a long, hot summer to survive yet.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 9:02PM
lindaohnowga

Some stores do have their Christmas things out. People who are crafters need the fall and Christmas items now in order to make their crafts for their upcoming shows.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 10:46PM
lily316

I haven't been in Michael's but every year it gets earlier and earlier. The garden stuff is out right after Xmas . On July 5th, Halloween hits the shelves.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 1:41AM
alisande

Ridiculous, isn't it? Fall planting catalogs have been arriving in my mailbox.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 7:37AM
FlamingO in AR

People who craft need those items now. I'd actually have liked for them to carry all the stuff all year long back when I did crafting for a living. Now with the Internet though, I can get anything anytime, if I need it but it's nice to not have to pay for shipping because a store has it.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 11:12AM
bigfoot_liz

Oooo I will have to get to Michaels LOL! I am already well over summer, it starts in April here in Orlando LOL, I have been looking for fall clothes already...seriously. well as fall clothes as I can get for 95 degree days till Nov :-/ this is about the earliest I think I have ever wanted fall to get here LOL! ~ liz

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 12:15PM
minnie_tx

iT IS SO NICE TO SEE FAMILIAR FACES POSTING NICE TO SEE YOU ALL

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 1:12PM
lily316

liz...I'm with you. I am all over summer too, and it has yet to officially start. I think Friday is the day. Hate the hot humid weather.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 2:04PM
vicki7

I have a friend who is an avid crafter, and she purchases her supplies weeks and sometimes months before the craft show, so that she can be working on them all summer. So I can understand the need for fall/Halloween supplies to be in craft stores early.
Now when department stores start displaying holiday items months in advance, THAT is what annoys me!

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
Robert Herjavec of Shark Tank, Divorcing
How sad. I genuinely really like this guy. He's kind...
Jasdip
cheryl_okla
What kind of tape to use?
We were Freecycled a Stir-Crazy popcorn popper. It...
Jasdip
Thursday's Trivia Quiz
If you're getting bored and less productive at work,...
Jasdip
Dinner at 8 (#6)
Grace Kelly is your guest of honor. Who else do you...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™