What's for dinner Friday?

patti43June 22, 2012

Busy day--appointment in town and while we were there the rains started. Still pouring down rain when we left there and all the way back home--a 45 minute drive. Then we had to go to Lowes to sign the contract for our new flooring. I can't wait to get rid of the carpet! Maybe our new floor will be installed next week. (Crossed fingers.) So we're having leftover tuna casserole tonight.

Hope you've had a good day--what's for dinner tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheryl_ok

Taco's and refried beans...I'm so tired to do much more. I got way too much heat today!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 5:46PM
cheryl_ok

Taco's and refried beans...I'm so tired to do much more. I got way too much heat today!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 5:47PM
jude31

Leftovers! Yay! Got green beans, corn, mixed "fried stuff" which is potatoes, green tomatoes and okra mixed together and corn sticks. Love these summer vegetable meals.

jude

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 5:54PM
cheryl_ok

Wow, guess I wanted Y'all to know what I was having...how it posted 3 times in beyond me!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 6:11PM
gadgets

I had a lot of running around to do today. I picked up a Lean Cuisine spaghetti w/meat at my last stop to have for my meal. Too tired to do any more than that.

Shirley

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 6:17PM
glenda_al

I enjoy Lean Cuisine spaghetti w/meat! Haven't had it in ages.

When in doubt, I ended up at Golden Corral, and MAN were they busy.

They are right beside the intersection for I-65 South for those headed to Florida, and North. Three bus loads of boy scouts with their leadeds were headed to a camp up north.

Everybody and his brother were there, including me!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 6:23PM
patti43

LOL Cheryl--I thought you were extra hungry! Wish I could come to your KT get together :-( I know it's going to be fun and I'd love to meet you and Monie. I have met JoAnn and she's a sweetheart! (Ask her to make her red velvet cupcakes--they are to die for!) It's really nice of you to host what could become a huge KT party!

Jude, you are so right about the summer vegetables. I just got crazy at the farmer's market. But then I have to use everything quickly before it spoils. Not a problem. I could eat cucumbers and radishes for breakfast :-) And have, BTW!

Shirley, I'm just grateful I had something--anything--for leftovers. I'm with you. Too worn out to cook a new meal.

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 6:28PM
bengardening

We went to the restaurant I work at for all you can eat fried cat fish with baked beans and cornbread and salad bar. It was all so good.

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 9:47PM
OklaMoni

Pasta, cause tomorrow is a bike ride day. :)

Along with it, I had my very first patty pan squash.

Well, it was delish!

I sliced it. Sprinkled it with rosemary powder on one side.. turned it over in grape seed oil, and sprinkled garlic salt on the other side. Then I grilled the slices on george foreman.

Just delish.

Need to harvest some more tomorrow. :)

Moni

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Thank you Houzz
Received my tape measure today and have already used...
Georgysmom
Anyone get their Houzz gift?
I just received mine today, very cool!
chi83
Wednesday's Trivia Quiz
Many of you got the right answer but DEES was the first...
Jasdip
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
Still Alice
The weather here held out long enough to get to the...
Georgysmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™