Moen motion sense anyone?

momto3kiddosDecember 9, 2012

I am choosing plumbing fixtures soon and will be using moen based on plumber recs. they now have a motion sense technology for kitchen faucets. I have had bad experiences in a work setting with sensor faucets, but the benefit of turning the war on without touching the fixture seems fabulous. It may also be handy for my kids who can reach to use the sink but not necessarily reach the faucet handle.

So, does anyone have this in use yet, and what do you think? I think they were just shipped in October. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CEFreeman

I have an American Standard in my MBR for my cats. When I bought it in 2006 only commercial fixtures were available. I just afforded to have my MBR assembled this spring.

Things to consider:
How long it stays on.
Where the sensor is positioned.
To what temperature it be set?
If you're just grabbing something out of the sink, will it soak your sleeve and scare the pants off of you? (Ask me how I know.

Ironically, I use this more than the regular faucet in the same sink and the cat. The water comes on with such force it scares him initially. Once it's on, he's cool, but I can't find a setting to leave it on for maybe 1 minute, vs only when something is in front of it. It shuts off just when he's starting to drink. We're working on this and I like it enough I'm not ruling out replacing this with a more versatile motion sensor type.

Now, I SWEAR by motion sensor lights in rooms like the bathrooms, closets, basements, pantries, attics, garages, mudrooms, front halls, and definitely outside. When I had my DH put these in when we bought the house, we dropped our averaged power bill from about $200 a month to $155. He wouldn't turn a light off there were a gun to his head.

I'd be interested to see the model of faucet you choose. Things do change in 6 years!

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 10:23AM
jxbrown

I just got the Moen Arbor Motionsense. I think it's great, but the plumber says he's taken them back out. There is a bit of a learning cutve. I'm a California doctor and I'm in the habit of using them at work and we have a lot of sensor faucets in the state for water conservation, but it is easy to set it off accidently. I got splattered wiping down the counter. A cat who wandered around on top of the kitchen counters would be a problem too.

Bookmark   December 11, 2012 at 9:52AM
cathy725

Any more updates on this faucet? I want to get the Arbor but haven't decided on the motion sense or not. Some things I've read make me very interested. I like that you can hook it to AC under the sink so you don't have to replace batteries. I like that you can turn the motion sense off. It also states that if the water is left on for a certain time with no one around, it will automatically turn off. Any verification of this feature? I ask because the one bad review on this faucet was from someone who said they flooded their entire kitchen because it got turned on and left on (supposedly turned on by itself in middle of night or something--seems a bit suspect). I wonder if they failed to properly calibrate the sensors.

Let me know how you like it if you've used it for a period of time.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
OT - Any Walking Dead Fans..?
Very much looking forward to tonight's episode..:)
oldbat2be
Honed Vermont Danby marble countertop owners... Love it or leave it???
I am hoping to understand people's experience who have...
Pippin
I started gel staining....
So y'all say a prayer for me. If this doesn't work...
highendredneck
Sponsored Products
Moen Oil Rubbed Bronze Posi-Temp Valve Trim
Overstock.com
Moen Oil Rubbed Bronze Posi-Temp Shower Only
Overstock.com
MOEN Kitchen 1800 Series Undermount Stainless Steel 16 in. 0-Hole Single Bowl
Home Depot
MOEN Kitchen 1800 Series Undermount Stainless Steel 11 in. 0-Hole Single Bowl
Home Depot
Moen Brushed Nickel Posi-Temp Tub/Shower
Overstock.com