Houzer granite sink vs silgranit vs elkay?

Momto3kiddosDecember 21, 2012

Recently picked out plumbing fixtures for our new build and the showroom didn't have silgranit sinks on the floor. I have seen them elsewhere and really liked it, but the sales person recommended elkay and better yet, houzer. She said they seemed to be thicker and stronger sinks. She will, however, order whatever I want.

The houzer and elkay sinks looked nice, but all my research had pointed me to silgranit. I want a large single bown with offset drain, and I don't see an offset drain on the houzer website, but I swear she showed it to me in the catalog.

I also like the silgranit colors better... The metallic or truffle are my preferences. I am leaning towards a delicatus or Bianco antico granite with a grayish taupe island. Both main sink and prep sink will be in the island... Yes, it is huge.

I don't really care for the dimensions of the prep sinks in the silgranit line, though. I want a sink large enough to work in easily but not take up too much space. Silgranit only has the bar sink... Too small. And the single bown kitchen sink 22x18. Is this too big?

Please give me some guidance! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
localeater

I ended up with a Silgranite, which I have had just a few weeks and I really like it. However, color-wise, I really liked the Elkay Quartech sinks. Whereas Silgranite is resin and granite, Quartech is resin and quartz. I would have been perfectly comfortable with an Elkay sink, because it is a very good brand, even though you hear so little about Quartech here on GW. Elkay doesn't really do any marketing to consumers they are a more commercial brand, which I think is the explanation for that. Anyway, I preferred the shape of the Silgranite sink so for me that ended up being the driving factor.

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 7:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Houzer has a better profit margin for THEM because they are Chinese sourced. Elkay also offers more markup than Blanco. I'm sure that that didn't figure into their recommendation to you at all. Unh unh.....

Get what YOU want. I've never met a single person who chose Silgranite that ever regretted it.

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 9:06AM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Delta arctic stainless faucet with Kraus ss sink
We are planning to buy a Krauss ss 30" or 32"...
poppy3212
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™