Color help?

hedgehoggyDecember 6, 2012

I am trying to pick a paint color for my open concept kitchen/family room. Our new cabinets are called Antique Cream and they have a peach undertone. I only realized this once I started picking paint colors and if I had have realized this before I actually would not have choosen this particular cabinet. I want to do a neutral color on the wall (not a warm color and not too cool/blue). I was leaning toward a dark cream (more grey based than yellow based). Can anyone tell me what colors and undertones that I need to avoid to downplay the peach in the cabinets? and any Benjamin Moore suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Laura517

This is difficult to do without seeing your cabinets. Post a picture if you can. I like BM Sail Cloth and Annapolis Gray. They are both neutral beige with a little gray but I am not sure how the gray will work with the peach undertones in the cream cabinets. You might want to think about a brownish beige (for example BM shaker beige ) instead of a gray-beige

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 10:38PM
lindabiddle

Believe it or not, but I was told by my KD that if you have a touch of green in your color it will wipe out the pink/peach tone. BM green frappe or BM fresh dew are very pale and might work. I went with BM mosaic glass and it got rid of the pink tones in the travertine floors.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 1:28AM
blondelle

Give BM a call and ask them. They have people who can help you choose a color to play down the peach undertone.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 9:59AM
More Discussions
Barker Cabinets sample cabinet came today!!!
I am so excited to see the sample cabinet from Barker...
dcward89
thoughts about Grabill and/ or Superior Woodcraft kitchen cabinets
Hi, everyone. Does anyone here have experience with...
katherine10583
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
Largest sink I can get? 33" exterior cabinet, 31/32" interior. HELP!
1st time home buyer here and we're trying to replace...
Joyce de Leon
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™