need some help please - kitchen colors

carrie722December 14, 2012

Hi Everyone -

So we are doing a mini kitchen re-do. We did the floor and backsplash a few years ago. We have Golden Oak cabinets. They are actually really well made and were custom built. I do not care for the color - but my husband refused to paint them white like I wanted. So we did the floors a beige ceramic and the backsplash is a tumbled marble small subway pattern. Also, not my first choice - I probably would have went with a subway tile.

So I have convinced my husband to paint the cabinets white after showing him some posts on how great they would look. We are also going to take down a half wall and put small breakfast bar in. Currently we have white Corian countertops. Although I would like to change these out too - right now it's not in the budget.

So my main question is what wall color do you think would go well with the redo?

Also, what material/color do you think would work well for the breakfast bar we are putting in. I was thinking of doing something similar to a carrera marble, but with beige streaking, instead of grey. This way it's not too different from the white countertops we currently have. Or do you think I should do a beige granite?

Thanks so much for your advise. Any photos would also be great!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suz1023

well with white cabs and counters i think the sky is the limit for you.
what is the look you're going for? i'm a fan of gustavian grey--check out my thread,lol--but atm my kitchen has saffron walls with a red wall behind the range!
have you googled white kitchens for a good look at tons of options?

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
So many kitchen reno questions
Hi, My moniker was changed when Houzz and Gardenweb...
dyhgarden
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
White on White & other (mis) Matched Kitchens
I was at a friend's house, an artist, last week showing...
Carrie B
Sponsored Products
Organized Living Over the Door Large Can Holder - 7215183511
$25.99 | Hayneedle
Modern Kitchen Faucet
maestrobath
Moooi | Container Table 7030
$899.00 | YLighting
Angle Crown Molding
CliqStudios Cabinets
Swoop Bronze Three-Light Billiard Pendant with Honey and Brown Scallop Tiffany G
$789.80 | Bellacor
Somerton Dwelling Morgan Bi-cast Round Stool
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™