need some help please - kitchen colors

carrie722December 14, 2012

Hi Everyone -

So we are doing a mini kitchen re-do. We did the floor and backsplash a few years ago. We have Golden Oak cabinets. They are actually really well made and were custom built. I do not care for the color - but my husband refused to paint them white like I wanted. So we did the floors a beige ceramic and the backsplash is a tumbled marble small subway pattern. Also, not my first choice - I probably would have went with a subway tile.

So I have convinced my husband to paint the cabinets white after showing him some posts on how great they would look. We are also going to take down a half wall and put small breakfast bar in. Currently we have white Corian countertops. Although I would like to change these out too - right now it's not in the budget.

So my main question is what wall color do you think would go well with the redo?

Also, what material/color do you think would work well for the breakfast bar we are putting in. I was thinking of doing something similar to a carrera marble, but with beige streaking, instead of grey. This way it's not too different from the white countertops we currently have. Or do you think I should do a beige granite?

Thanks so much for your advise. Any photos would also be great!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suz1023

well with white cabs and counters i think the sky is the limit for you.
what is the look you're going for? i'm a fan of gustavian grey--check out my thread,lol--but atm my kitchen has saffron walls with a red wall behind the range!
have you googled white kitchens for a good look at tons of options?

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
Ikea Process?
We're re-thinking things and are now leaning towards...
annaw_123
Week 40: Sacrificed? Unobtainable dreams? Which direction?
A lot of questions this morning! Other than your entire...
CEFreeman_GW
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™