Not only is it on an island,

palimpsestDecember 27, 2013

Not only is this range on a shallow island. It's right inside the front door. The front door opens to the bottom of the staircase. I am more liberal than some about ranges on islands, but this is not a good spot. Those windows and door shown are to the back yard, I've been in a house on this block.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bpathome

Is that the original kitchen location, or was it moved? Looks like an old house.

Here is a 1950s home I visited: the silver door at the back is the garage door, and the photographer is standing in the doorway to the casual dining spot, family room, and passage to LR and the rest of the house. This is a major throughway!

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 10:48PM
palimpsest

Old. Pre-Civil war, and the original kitchen was probably in the basement. This neighborhood was redeveloped with kitchens put inside the front door, but originally with a narrow hallway past the kitchen toward the back of the house. That way the LR has access to a small yard and can use the entire width of the house.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 1:26PM
nosoccermom

This is weird. Also, those two stools facing the wall right next to a dining table. However, at least nobody has to ask what's for dinner when s/he comes home.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 6:37PM
More Discussions
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Lighting 7 foot ceiling pantry
I am doing a bank of cabinets in my 9 foot by 7 foot...
katonahmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™