IKEA cabinet pulls?

andreak100December 1, 2013

I've more or less decided on going with a "European style" pull like these from IKEA: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60138759/

I would consider our kitchen remodel to be upper "middle budget". The IKEA pulls seem to be what I keep coming back to in terms of style, and other places have similar pulls.

My concerns are two fold:
1.) are there issues quality-wise with the IKEA pulls or things that I should consider that I'm possibly overlooking as the IKEA ones seem to be less expense than other options.
2.) will the pulls look obviously less expensive (read: cheap)?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
huango

I have Ikea handles and they are great, no concerns w/ quality.

I use these w/out the round rosettes.
They are neutral/blend into the background so people notice my marble and bling lights, etc.

The only thing I think of is that I don't like handles that can catch my pockets, etc. So I put knobs on the upper cabinets and the handles below.

The Lansa will definitely catch/rip stuff.

Bookmark   December 1, 2013 at 10:34PM
scrappy25

We have the Lansa's in our basement kitchenette, mounted horizontally, and they have held up really well. The large ones are awesome as towel holders and my husband hangs his shirts on the pantry door handle on coat hangers (the kitchenette has turned into his personal morning sanctum since it is adjacent to a bathroom), after 6 years that one is not new looking but not obviously worn either unless you really look. WIth the wider pulls like the Lansa you have to mount the corner cabinet handles vertically for the doors to fully open but once they are in , no-one has ever noticed or commented on the difference.

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 7:51AM
GauchoGordo1993

We have Lansa handles in our master bath and while they look great I would not get them again for the reason huango mentions - they grab my pants sometimes. So in our kitchen we got Vinna handles and they seem great so far.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vinna handle

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 2:33PM
sara_the_brit_z6_ct

I have the Lansa handles and the quality is excellent - my sister has more expensive name-branded version of the same style, and neither of us could see any quality difference.

I haven't had clothes catch, but I have yanked my iPod earbuds out of my ear fairly regularly if I forget to run the cable under my apron or shirt.

But I like the design so much, I can live with that.

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 3:26PM
xyankee11

I have the varde handles as pictured above. I used the rosettes. I had thought of the lansa but my husband was not fond of them. He wanted a more chunky handle due to large hands. They look great. No issues so far.

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 1:35AM
kathec

I have Fintorp pulls and knobs and I haven't had any problems with them. We've had them installed for over a year and they still look brand new.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:33PM
More Discussions
scrappy25 renovation Part 4, final reveal, white inset/soapstone
Finally got some "completed" pictures, please...
scrappy25
Do I need drywall behind cabinets?
I am building a counter-height knee wall between my...
DIY2Much2Do
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Where to end tile-dilema!
The quartzite and backsplash will be gone. So ignore...
heidia
Granicrete? Anyone have it or seen it?
Has anyone seen or used Granicrete for countertops...
janeincolorado
Sponsored Products
Sanskrit Coffee Table
| Dot & Bo
Floral Blue Silhouette Giclee Glow Bronze Club Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Lifetime Folding Tables 37 in. x 37 in. Almond Square Card Table 22301
$89.97 | Home Depot
Heirloom Treasures Mother of Pearl Pull
Signature Hardware
CorLiving Jackson Espresso Television Bench
Overstock.com