Anyone had chips in white marble counters repaired (epoxy, etc.?)

Madeline616December 23, 2013

Hi all,

Have been enjoying my Vermont Danby Olympian white counters for about 2 years now.

Although the etches don't bother me at all, I do have 3 chips that I'd love to have repaired.

I recently got a "larger" one (about a centimeter long and maybe 1/4 centimeter deep) when a dish fell out and clipped the edge of the counter.

I'm wondering what your experiences have been with having chips in white marble camouflaged with epoxy (or another product). The larger of the 3 chips is on a grayish area, the 2 others on very white areas. All 3 are on the edges of the counters.

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldryder

white marble is a tough repair. I've had my best success taking a bit of the material, crushing it, and using the crushed material as the coloring agent with a truly clear epoxy. I emphasize "clear" because many supposedly clear epoxies get a yellow tint once cured which is very noticable on the white counter.

A good fabricator or stone restoration guy should be able to do a nice repair for you. Same person could probably bring the polish back on your etched areas assuming your stone is polished and not honed.

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 7:28AM
daisychain01

They did this on our bathroom marble before they installed it. It was one of those perfectly white pieces with some pale grey veining - I couldn't pass it up, but it had a couple of deep pits. They said they'd fill them and I was skeptical, but they looked great and 3 or 4 years later, I still can't tell where they are. Sorry, I can't tell you the process.

Bookmark   December 25, 2013 at 9:20PM
Trebruchet

Madeline616:

Get a repairperson who has an Invicon kit.

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™