How to share design made in IKEA kitchen planner?

dcgreen10December 19, 2012

I would like to post to this forum the kitchen layout/cabinet design I have made with IKEA Kitchen Planner. But I do not see how to do this. Can someone help me with this?
Thanks,
Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drybean

Are you trying to post it here for feedback? The best method I have found is to print screen (CTRL + PRTSC) and then paste it into MS Paint. Just crop it in paint, then save it as a JPG file and upload either to photobucket or directly here.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 6:44PM
remodelfla

I have a MAC and seem to remember something about taking a screen shot and then uploading that pic to a photosharing site

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 8:52PM
writersblock

Press command+shift+4 and drag over the area you want to capture. The screenshot will appear on your desktop. Then you can use the Choose File button above the message composition box here to upload a single image in a post. If you want to put more than one image in a post, you need to put them online someplace like photbucket and copy the code for embedding.

(It's an extra step, but for images you want to upload here, it's not a bad idea to open them in Preview and make a jpg copy--the software here likes jpg better than the png file that OS X uses for screenshots.)

You can also share your actual planner file but that would only be visible to people who've installed the planner plug-in. If you want to try that, email the design to yourself and copy the link in the email you get.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 9:20PM
KevinMP

I have a mac, and I just took pictures of my screen with my phone and then uploaded them to photobucket. They're not great, but here's how they turned out:

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 12:21AM
writersblock

Kevin, OS X has a good screenshot capability built right in to the operating system. Command+shift+3 captures the whole screen, command+shift+4 and drag to capture a partial screen. The screeenshots appear on your desktop. Very easy.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 12:37AM
KevinMP

Well that's exciting. Thanks.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 12:42AM
More Discussions
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Anyone used solid surface backsplash with granite countertops?
I am considering doing full backsplash in Corian (or...
Carol Vesier
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
Silgranit metallic gray or cinder?
I am getting ready to order my super single Silgranit...
sblct
Opinions please on glass or not for problem cabinet
Short run of counter on the window wall, with only...
gramarows
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™