Pot filler

aanjDecember 30, 2012

My home is 1.5 yrs old. It has no backsplash yet.

I am thinking about getting a pot filler before I get a backsplash installed.

Can I do that at this point or is it too late?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Can you rip off the drywall and run water to that location from a basement or attic? It won't be cheap. And it's a doodad that doesn't see a lot of use beyond the initial novelty stage. Some municipalities also prohibit them because there is no drain below, so check with yours to see if it's one of them.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 6:49PM
aanj

The basement is unfinished, I called a plumber just now, he states he can do it.
There will be some drywall repair needed but we will put a backsplash over anyway.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 7:40PM
dakota01

I too wanted a potfiller in my new kitchen. THen I worried that what if I started to fill a pot, walked away and forgot to turn the water off.
No pot filler for me - I get distracted too easily.
I have had the laundry tub overfill a few times - the phone rang, or I was filling it and then started doing something else while I was waiting. What a MESS>....

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 8:13PM
grlwprls

I had a very small kitchen and used my pot filler *every day* when I lived in New Orleans. It surely was a luxury doo-dad, but to just run a small stream of water into the gumbo pot? Heaven. And on non gumbo days, I used it to fill the coffee pot, etc. That said, I didn't put one in my new kitchen because it is two straight runs rathern than the old U shape I had before. It seemed odd to have one immediately next to my prep sink tap this time. My mother-in-law did overfill a pot once, which was a pain...took a day or so to dry out that burner enough for it to relight.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Tiny Galley Kitchen: Layout feedback needed
We've decided we're staying in our current house forever....
ant_farmer
Help, my new white lacquer cabinets are peeling!
Hello, We reno'd our kitchen 1.5 years ago and installed...
cece1213
Faucet Finish
So, I've done many searches, and read dozens of GW...
Carrie B
Kraftmaid vs RTA (barkers, Scherrs)
My venture to update my kitchen keeps taking a back...
bichonlover
kitchen cabinets
I'm thinking about buying Mouser cabinets. Has anyone...
lmpotter
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™