Tiny prep sink?

thebeachDecember 12, 2013

We are putting a beverage counter into our remodeled kitchen and need a prep/bar sink. The sink will only be used to get water to fill the coffee pot. What is the smallest prep sink anybody has found or heard of? We'd love something as small as 6" x 6". The smallest I have found is 8" round and it's pretty pricey. Does anyone know if you can have a small stainless sink made to order in a specific size?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lannegreene

I believe IKEA has a 8" round SS sink. Don't know the price.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:35PM
lascatx

I'd be careful about getting too small a sink. With beverage service, it is very easy to see rinsing a glass, washing off a lemon, washing hands, etc. and either of those sizes will make it hard not to be splashing. If you only have a water tap, you might be able to get away with an inset drain and reduce the temptation to use the spot for other functions. Or concede and get a sink that serves many functions and uses you are not anticipating.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:36PM
lazy_gardens

We have a coffee bar sink, used for filling water pitchers, the RO spigot, and other water-only things. it's 15x15 and it's big enough to hold the teakettle under the faucet and fill it.

Much smaller and water would splash all over, and I wouldn't be able to sit the coffee pot under the RO tap.

A 6x6 sink is used with a push-spigot in a restaurant for filling water glasses, but it's useless for handwashing or anything else.

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 10:20AM
function_first

The costs of installing a small sink or a larger sink will be virtually the same , might as well put one in that will serve traditional sink functions -- if you need the counter space just get one with a cutting board made to fit over it when not in use. A few people around here have done that when space was tight and got great results.

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 12:33PM
live_wire_oak

12x12 is as small as I'd ever recommend for a bar sink. And that is tiny for a sink.

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
Norcraft vs. Marsh cabinets - is one better?
We have been working with a large local cabinet company....
raleighsharon
Please recommend pulls for DW and trash pullout
I'm looking for long handled pulls for both the trash...
laughablemoments
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Proximity of Sink to pantry wall - how to avoid water damage?
I currently have just enough space for a 12 inch counter/cabinet...
sl4321
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Sponsored Products
WAC Lighting | Model LED252E- 2 in LED Adjustable Downlight Housing and Trim wit
$135.00 | YLighting
Round Chiseled Travertine Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Contemporary Kitchen Faucet
maestrobath
VIGO 'Brown and Gold Fusion' Handmade Glass Vessel Sink and Faucet Set in Oil-Ru
Overstock.com
30 Inch Glossy White Bathroom Vanity Set
TheBathOutlet
KOHLER Bathroom Reve Pedestal Combo Bathroom Sink in Biscuit K-5152-8-96
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™